Boarding Symphony in Miami

Marlena

3 minutes ago, Doak said:

Simply not true!  Wife and I went on SOS Oct.30th and it was a breeze.  Much easier than Port Canaveral last week.  We arrived at the terminal parked and were onboard in like 25 mins.  Our arrival time was at 3 pm, but it was super easy and fast.  Hope your experience will echo ours.

Were there lines for specific times?

I hope so too!

1 hour ago, D Alt said:

I think Jewel is at terminaI G tonight. Will she move to A for tomorrow boarding? Do i go to A or G? @twangster @smokeybandit

I'm thinking Jewel will use G long term.  Freedom and Symphony using A.  

If she parked at G, it's very unlikely they'll move to A because they need a pilot on board and longshoremen to handle the lines to make the move.

They try to use the same terminal or else people who park cars will get stranded at the wrong terminal if they flip flop.  If any sail dates conflict with Symphony or Freedom it's better to just use G all the time.

19 minutes ago, twangster said:

I'm thinking Jewel will use G long term.  Freedom and Symphony using A.  

If she parked at G, it's very unlikely they'll move to A because they need a pilot on board and longshoremen to handle the lines to make the move.

They try to use the same terminal or else people who park cars will get stranded at the wrong terminal if they flip flop.  If any sail dates conflict with Symphony or Freedom it's better to just use G all the time.

So i check in at G not A. 

I just sailed on Freedom on Friday, Nov 12 and it was a bit of a mess when I arrived. They have line queues for the different timeslots but none were for before 12 noon. I showed up at 11:15 for my 11:30 boarding and they put us all in the 12 noon queue. Not sure what the delay was but it took 30 minutes to get into the terminal. From there checkin went super fast and I was on the ship by noon, so 45 minute process from parking to ship.

15 hours ago, Marlena said:

I'm hearing a lot of people complain about an absolutely chaotic boarding experience in Miami recently getting on symphony. No specific lines for times, just 1 HUGE line and noone checking arrival times. Anyone sail recently or on now and have experience with this?

Not my experience last month.  Easy organized boarding by appointment time 

21 hours ago, Marlena said:

I'm hearing a lot of people complain about an absolutely chaotic boarding experience in Miami recently getting on symphony. No specific lines for times, just 1 HUGE line and noone checking arrival times. Anyone sail recently or on now and have experience with this?

This happened today with Jewel but once the line started to move it went kinda quick. A few hiccups with my boarding. But the staff were all very apologetic and accomodating.

On 11/14/2021 at 4:19 PM, Marlena said:

We sailed Symphony 3 weeks ago and it was a super easy check in.  There were separate lines outside the terminal for each time slot.  It was a little confusing where to go, but there were employees out there you could ask where to go.  They did check our time before letting us in the 12pm line.  We got in line early for our 12pm check in and they actually started letting us in early, around 11:30ish I think.  We had drinks in our hands by 11:55.

52 minutes ago, Kathleen said:

Do suite class enter in time slot lines in Miami or is there a separate suite entrance? First time Star Class cruisers. My understanding is suites can enter an hour in advance of appointed time. How does that work?

If you are Star Class there is a separate entrance for you. You will receive specific directions on how to check in.

On 11/14/2021 at 3:19 PM, Marlena said:

I sailed on Symphony on October 30th, it was smooth sailing for us from the time we arrived at the pier to getting onboard but we showed up at our scheduled check-in time. Now having said that I did notice there was a line off to the side and I was told the people in that line were those who showed up early before their schedule time.  If you show up early they will NOT let you inside the terminal you will have to wait outside the terminal in that line until your scheduled check-in time.  

13 minutes ago, JasonOasis said:

Passenger in Sky Class at Terminal A can use the suite entrance but again show up at your scheduled check-in time or check on the app to see if they have an earlier check-in time available. 

Thank you! Suites can show up an hour before their check in time, right? I thought I read that somewhere. Up to an hour before or hour after. 

1 hour ago, spiralqueen said:

Thank you! Suites can show up an hour before their check in time, right? I thought I read that somewhere. Up to an hour before or hour after. 

Yes. That will be part of the Concierge letter you will receive. They are using the Suites entrance at Port of Miami.