NCL announces "Greatest Deal Ever" sale

• GKMCruising changed the title to NCL announces "Greatest Deal Ever" sale

I wouldn't complain about BOGO 70% off but I don't see Royal or Carnival following NCL down this path.  In my opinion NCL has really backed themselves into a corner with their extreme COVID protocols.  I've taken enough NCL cruises to know they are a family cruise line and welcome families with children of all ages onboard their cruises.  But their policy requiring all passengers including children be fully vaccinated is ridiculous and it has probably cause people to turn away from NCL and perhaps book instead with Royal or Carnival.  Here in the US we are not seeing a lot of parents rush out to get their children vaccinated even though the parents themselves in many cases are fully vaccinated. 

NCL's vaccination policy in my opinion is hurting them.  One thing both Royal and Carnival have states is they are seeing strong demand, strong future bookings for most if not all of 2022.  NCL seems to be stalling out so to entice more people to cruise with them they now have to offer BOGO 70% off.   

NCL is trying to be the Delta Airlines of the cruise industry, meaning last year in August of 2020 both American and United stop blocking middle seats by November of 2020 Southwest, jetBlue and every other US carrier except Delta had ended the process of blocking middle seats it was costing each airline millions and there was no benefit at all.  Delta's pitch was they cared more about your safety than any other carrier and would block middle seats until the pandemic was over. Delta finally gave up on blocking middle seats in the spring of 2021, but Delta in their Q1 2021 earning report finally admitted why they were ending the process and it was because blocking seat had become unsustainable financially.  We are still in the pandemic but Delta isn't blocking middle seats.  If NCL thinks they can keep their vaccinate mandate for children in place until the end of the pandemic they will only hurt themselves and continue to loose millions of dollars each month because families with unvaccinated children (even if the parents are fully vaccinated) can not cruise with NCL and offering BOGO 70% off isn't going to force parents to get their children vaccinated any quicker. 

On 11/13/2021 at 7:44 PM, GKMCruising said:

https://www.travelandleisure.com/cruises/ncl-sale

Let's hope Royal decides to take a page from their book - I wouldn't complain about BOGO 70%... 🤣

3 hours ago, JasonOasis said:

NCL seems to be stalling out so to entice more people to cruise with them they now have to offer BOGO 70% off.   

BOGO 70% off is just another way of saying 35% off (when booking double occupancy).  Royal's current deal is "up to $350 off + 30% off every guest".  Doesn't sound very different to me.

37 minutes ago, Atlantix2000 said:

BOGO 70% off is just another way of saying 35% off (when booking double occupancy).  Royal's current deal is "up to $350 off + 30% off every guest".  Doesn't sound very different to me.

BOGO 70% for #2 and free airfare for #2 and a free deposit on their next cruise and what amounts to a Kids Sail Free promo for guests 3/4, too, plus other freebies.

20 hours ago, Atlantix2000 said:

As an update. I checked a price of a cruise on Monday pre sale... and today with their "Greatest Deal Ever".... exact same price.... shocker.

No, people aren't booking NCL because they are not giving the best deals. I would prefer a stronger vaccination policy, but money talks. The cost of a suite on RC is about the same or even cheaper on some sailings as is a balcony on NCL at my home port. I didn't consider Carnival at all despite the usually lower prices because their ships aren't really my style at all and I am still hesitant to book given their past quality/safety issues circa 2013.