Royal Up to Star Class

tonyfsu21

Anyone have experience with a Star Class Royal Up? Normally the contact is made w/ Genie a month out but with a Royal Up win it’s only a matter of a couple days before the sailing that the upgrade is official. Has the experience been the same in your opinion? We are not a needy family with lots of requests so I’m hoping that makes things easier. 

7 hours ago, tonyfsu21 said:

Not yet, but I will report back in about 3 days when I win the upgrade to star class from a crown loft suite. 

If you have a secret I want in lol.  I am trying to Royal Up my Crown Loft right now into Star for Allure in December.  That or praying that someone cancels after final payment.

2 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

If you have a secret I want in lol.  I am trying to Royal Up my Crown Loft right now into Star for Allure in December.  That or praying that someone cancels after final payment.

No secret really other then the same luck I’ve had my entire life! Let’s see how this plays out this week. I will update in a few days. 

6 minutes ago, tonyfsu21 said:

No secret really other then the same luck I’ve had my entire life! Let’s see how this plays out this week. I will update in a few days. 

You are too funny!  I will be keeping an eye out to see how it goes for you!  Good luck!  What ship are you sailing?

Our Royal bid to an ATS went a 5 days before the cruise while we were on our first B2B part. No one were contacting us so I went to the ask the concierge , which promised to check . Still no one contact us so after few days I went to the second concierge to ask again and that time it worked and Sunil called us to meet him in the SL.  Not sure if it was any different if we weren't already on board. I guess you want to at least contract them before arriving the port  to schedule boarding time. 

58 minutes ago, Traveler said:

Our Royal bid to an ATS went a 5 days before the cruise while we were on our first B2B part. No one were contacting us so I went to the ask the concierge , which promised to check . Still no one contact us so after few days I went to the second concierge to ask again and that time it worked and Sunil called us to meet him in the SL.  Not sure if it was any different if we weren't already on board. I guess you want to at least contract them before arriving the port  to schedule boarding time. 

It’s probably too late for that. We are already booked in a CLS with a 12pm boarding time so sky class or star class we are going to be at the port at 11:45am ready to get on that ship. I’m more concerned about the Genie having time to stock my bar & cooler with plenty of adult beverages (and some juices for the kids). 

1 hour ago, tonyfsu21 said:

I'm more concerned about the Genie having time to stock my bar & cooler with plenty of adult beverages (and some juices for the kids). 

Sure the Genie has a default selection to pre-stock. Once onboard and the first meeting the exact specifications can be made. Only catch would be anything that wasn't stocked onboard. 

I know on Symphony 2018 we had a default stock in addition to some of the exact requests. Allure 2021 none of the standard stuff, only what had been requested.

Feeling is the various juices are in the default setup. Don't ever recall asking for apple juice on Symphony. Same would apply for the some of the sodas (Coke, Orange, Sprite). Now thinking about it beer might not be stock item to keep it kid safe.

@tonyfsu21even if the Genie doesn't have time to stock your drinks before you sail, he/she will get them to you very quickly once you board and you have a chance to place an order.  The only thing will be that your favorite beer may not be cold and waiting for you when you arrive.  Trust me, before it's over, you will BEG them to please stop bringing more stuff to eat and drink !!

6 hours ago, CGTLH said:

FYI, on the same sailing: RoyalUp bids that I've made have moved to expired with one pending. Unable to cancel.

20 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

When they are all expired with one pending is a good sign you won the pending one. So crossing my fingers this is the case for us here as well! We can no longer modify the bid so it's locked in.

Somewhat off topic question but still related to Royal Up.  How do you check if they are pending or expired?  Do you just click back on the link in the original email?

3 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Yeah, that hasn't worked for me for a while now.  Since the summer.  When I go that way, it tells me that I need to be 30 days within my sail date, which I am not yet, but I already put in 3 offers since I got the email.

39 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

When they are all expired with one pending is a good sign you won the pending one. So crossing my fingers this is the case for us here as well! We can no longer modify the bid so it's locked in.

Oh wow, didn’t know that. I don’t check often so I never really saw how it plays out at the end other then my credit card getting charged. 

37 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Yeah, that hasn't worked for me for a while now.  Since the summer.  When I go that way, it tells me that I need to be 30 days within my sail date, which I am not yet, but I already put in 3 offers since I got the email.

Check the email for the bid confirmation. Should be a "modify/cancel" button.

22 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Well seeing that I don't have the same luck as @tonyfsu21, I went ahead and cancelled all my bids and upgraded myself to star when I saw it pop up last night!  First cruise back from dry dock, might as well go big or go home right? lol

I think my Royal Up luck has most likely come to an end. I am still anxiously awaiting the text message from my credit card company with a charge from RC……. The good news is we all now have our negative COVID test results in hand so we will be on Harmony this Sunday! Will it be a star class Royal upgrade or the CLS that we originally booked??????? The answer shall now come in the 11th hour. 

11 minutes ago, tonyfsu21 said:

I am still anxiously awaiting the text message from my credit card company with a charge from RC.

This morning at 10 the CC text message arrived for our bid. So the theory of multiple expired with one pending still holds truth.

Nerve-wracking part was the wait as the other staterooms in the category were dropping out of inventory.

#team17

6 minutes ago, CGTLH said:

This morning at 10 the CC text message arrived for our bid. So the theory of multiple expired with one pending still holds truth.

Nerve-wracking part was the wait as the other staterooms in the category were dropping out of inventory.

#team17

I just checked and both of my bids are still in pending status. I guess that means it’s pretty much not going to happen? I’ve never really kept up with the bids after they are placed so I don’t have much of a history in regards to whether or not this is how it always goes down. Either way, it’s a win/win as the fall back will be deck 17!

21 minutes ago, tonyfsu21 said:

I think my Royal Up luck has most likely come to an end. I am still anxiously awaiting the text message from my credit card company with a charge from RC……. The good news is we all now have our negative COVID test results in hand so we will be on Harmony this Sunday! Will it be a star class Royal upgrade or the CLS that we originally booked??????? The answer shall now come in the 11th hour. 

Still crossing my fingers for you!