My Time Dining

LoveCruising2021

We are going on our first Royal Caribbean cruise on the harmony of the seas in January. I am seeing inflicting information online about “my time dining”. What is the earliest that my time dining starts? We like to eat early around 530 or 6 but like to have the flexibility to go later. Do you have to pick your reservation for the entire week ahead of time? Also what time do the shows usually start, if we went to eat at six or 630 would we still have time to get to a shell? I’m considering trying to switch to early dining but not sure what works best for us

We're going to our second cruise on RCCL, so not sure I would be much help, but I thought I would share my experience.

I, too, am concerned that we can't book our entertainment online so it's difficult to decide on dining time.

We chose My Time dining as well and decided on 7pm - we generally have dinner at 7 or 7:30pm so that's why the choice. I remembered there were earlier choices but not sure exactly how much earlier.

But I was given a suggestion of possibly booking an earlier one, just in case a show was a bit early. So when I went back to change it to 6 or 6:30pm, they weren't available. I thought it was just the first night, but it was all the nights.

I'm not sure if the system changed it after I booked or all the times were booked a few days after I first booked it, but the earliest was 7pm which is already what I had.

But if I were in your situation and we at early, I would book the early seating and if I really had to change it for one or two of the nights, I would just ask to see if there's any availability during those nights for a later time. 

I hope someone can chime in and provide expert information since I'd like to know as well.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, DL from ATL said:

My wife and I are also going on  our first cruise in April,  on the Odyssey.  We chose the my time and were under the impression that you could go at anytime,  but needed to wait until a table was  available.  Is this not correct? I just hate having to commit  on any given day. 

You have it right.  My Time means anytime that the dining room is open. It’s just a restaurant at home.  You can make reservations or you can just show up….but you may have to wait if you don’t have reservations.  

4 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

You have it right.  My Time means anytime that the dining room is open. It’s just a restaurant at home.  You can make reservations or you can just show up….but you may have to wait if you don’t have reservations.  

I’ve seen long lines (all the way to the elevators) for guests without reservations.

Right now it seems on all ships that "My Time" dinning is now only avalible at least an hour and 15 minutes after "Vaxed Only" early seating as they are using the same dinning room as Vaxed only early traditional.  So if early tradtional seats at 5:30 my time does not start any earlier than 6:45. 

On the recent Explorer out of San Juan, 21 Nov 2021, early traditional starts at 6:00 so the earliest "My Time" reservations are not available until 7:15.

"My Time" has now become the Defacto 2nd or Late seating for Vaxed only

Interesting -- we booked MTD for 630pm for our Jan cruise back in July without any difficulties - in fact, I think earlier times were available, but that's what we wanted. We are actually hoping to get Coastal Kitchen on the nights we don't choose specialty dining, but picked that time because 530 is really too early for us, and 8 is too late. Wish they would go back to 6pm as early, that would be ideal.

On 12/15/2021 at 4:31 PM, CruiseGus said:

Right now it seems on all ships that "My Time" dinning is now only avalible at least an hour and 15 minutes after "Vaxed Only" early seating as they are using the same dinning room as Vaxed only early traditional.  So if early tradtional seats at 5:30 my time does not start any earlier than 6:45. 

On the recent Explorer out of San Juan, 21 Nov 2021, early traditional starts at 6:00 so the earliest "My Time" reservations are not available until 7:15.

"My Time" has now become the Defacto 2nd or Late seating for Vaxed only

I will second that this seems pretty accurate to my experiences on Odyssey this Sept. Earliest start for my time was about 6:30 - 6:45. I didn't actually put together that it was due to the dining room split for vaxxed and what not but that does make sense.

On 12/16/2021 at 1:51 PM, MaryCS62 said:

Interesting -- we booked MTD for 630pm for our Jan cruise back in July without any difficulties

Yes the way they have been handling "My Time" has been changed since then.  Originally Un-Vaxed groups could only eat early Traditional, but they then changed that to allow both early and late for that group.  that's also when they started to move "My Time" back to the later start times.

Only thing we know for sure is that thing will be in flux for cruising and changing protocols certainly for the near future, at least all of 2022

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2021 at 4:31 PM, WAAAYTOOO said:

I am actually finding that my time has changed quite a bit since the restart.  While it used to be open whenever the dining room is open, now it does not seem to open until 6:30 or 7 after first seating dinner is over or well under way.  We like to eat early at 5:30 or 6.  On this next cruise, I have 4 nights in specialty dining so I will leave it, but may try to switch to early dining for my may cruise unless things change as capacity increases.