Do i have to have a shore excursion booked to leave the ship??

wjackson2289

Hello there! 
Me and my wife are booked on the allure of the seas from december 30 for 9 nights. 

We are visiting. St Kitts. Barbados, Antiguia, St maartin. 

My wife read something that told us we couldn't leave our ship and go ashore to explore unless we book a shore excursion. Did my wife misread something or is that true? Cause if thats true we're in trouble 😛 most of the shore excursions are sold out. 

Also, if the shore excursion takes 4 hours do we only have those 4 hours on the shore??

Thankyou for the info.

Are you both fully vaccinated?  Check the Healthy Sail information for your cruise.  It will list what ports have what requirements. Under current circumstances, it behooves you to stay on top of protocols for your sailing as they are constantly evolving.  

Vaccinated Guests
Fully vaccinated parties may book a shore excursion or visit most ports freely — with the exception of those listed below, which will require tours for all guests who wish to go ashore in November and December, regardless of their vaccination status.

• St. Lucia 
  • Barbados
  • St. Kitts 
  • Tobago
  • Trinidad 
  • Grenada
  • Martinique
  • Dominica
  • St. Vincent

Note: Fully vaccinated guests visiting St. Lucia, Barbados and St. Kitts may depart the ship to visit the designated, enclosed port area and purchase tours from local independent operators to go into port. 

this is what I see for my sailing. YMMV

1 hour ago, jack_4321 said:

Looks like you'll need tours for St. Kitts and Barbados but not for Antigua and St. Martin.  (If everyone is fully vaccinated)

I am on that sailing and that is how we are planning it. We won't get off at St. Kitts, but will book an excursion for Barbados. At the other two (Antigua and St. Martin) you can do what you want.

• 3 weeks later...