Online vax card question for Canadians

Debbie S

Hi all:

First off, please forgive the extremely long post.

Hi I need some help. I am a Canadian citizen who lives in the Province of Manitoba. Royal Caribbean requires us to upload a picture of our vaccination cards during check-in for validation purposes. I get that. But the problem I have is this: the cards issued to us here in Manitoba have NO vaccination info on them (for privacy reasons). When a business scans the qr code on the back of the card, the only information it will see is

1) My name
2) A check ✔ mark
3) "Verification successful"
4) Manitoba

Front of card has words "immunization card" and our Province name and logo and my name. THAT'S IT!!!

So I obtained a paper copy of my records but it does NOT have a qr code.

My question is: for people without a card to upload, is there an option to upload our RECORDS instead.

I have contacted Royal on this and nobody seems to know!!

PLEASE help me - I have been agonizing over this for months! If I can't get an answer, then I will have to cancel BOTH my cruises.

Thank you in advance

• Debbie S changed the title to Online vax card question for Canadians

In BC I can access my vaccine history through a provincial portal that now also connects to the federal vaccine page.   The pdf has my name, date of vaccine, associated lot numbers, manufacturer and all other relevant info.  Maybe have a look and see if you can get that. 

Otherwise bring you original proof of vaccine you received when you were vaccinated.   

On our vaccination sheet, it shows the QR code and the vaccination information. 

When I uploaded that, two days later, they disappeared from my check in option. I hope that means it was fine...not sure why it disappeared. I don't even have the option to change it or anything. I guess there's no reason to change it...I actually just went back to check to see if it was clear...I hope it was.

Before I got the QR code version, I did download the information that just shows name, vaccine type, and dates. If you have any type of receipt when you first go the vaccine, that may be good to bring just in case the QR code isn't enough.