Confused about Embarkation Day Covid Test Registration for Kids

EJK

I just received an email about our upcoming sailing protocols.  The email says" Embarkation Day: Unvaccinated guests ages 2 to 11 will take a complimentary PCR test for COVID-19 during check-in. Registration details will be sent via email in advance. "

I knew the kids need the test at the terminal. I have already reserved a great boarding time for our family (11:30), scheduled the pre-cruise antigen test 2 and 3 days before, etc.  I assumed that the embarkation day COVID test would be done at some point during our scheduled boarding time, but the email is making me wonder if I need to also sign up for a time specifically for the kids' check-in covid test separately.  I don't think I received an email specifically telling me to register for this.  

I'm on hold with Royal now but who know for how long...? Any knowledge on this? Thanks!

9 minutes ago, MTNeedsAVacay said:

We received a separate email to register our kids about 2 weeks before sailing. You don't have to chose a separate time. Just fill out the forms so they have all your info ready to go when you check in at your regular time. Happy sailing!

Thank you. OK- I looked through my email and only see this registration being referred to in the sailing protocol emails, where it says registration will be emailed.  Not the actual registration.  Do you remember the subject line of the email? 

Speaking with someone  from Royal now, hope they can resend it.

The kids registration email arrived 1-2 weeks prior to sailing. It comes from Royal Caribbean. The subject says, "Unvaccinated Guests, register your boarding day PCR"

The test doesn't affect your boarding time. Arrive as scheduled and and as long as you register the kids beforehand it won't take too long until you're on the ship. Our test took about 45 mins for results. We had a 12pm check in time and we were on board at 12:50pm.1794206921_Screenshot_20211112-095019_YahooMail.thumb.jpg.ed441d6b28a8569ee4b4e074c0b92c0d.jpg2098079783_Screenshot_20211112-094946_YahooMail.thumb.jpg.1a6d100798e5711c2e71e82810a106c9.jpg

You're welcome! Another tip that helped us, we were out of Port Miami but I assume it's the same process - When you're at the final part of check-in they handed us a paper to sign up for the debarkation test for the kids on the last day. This is only for 5+ night cruises. Sign up asap so you'll get the earliest time. Because we had Cococay on the last day we wanted to make sure it was taken care so we didn't lose out on any time at Cococay. We signed the kids up while we were waiting for their results and was able to get an appt at 7am for the debarkation covid test and off the ship right when  the gangway went down at 8am.

7 minutes ago, Jess4214 said:

You're welcome! Another tip that helped us, we were out of Port Miami but I assume it's the same process - When you're at the final part of check-in they handed us a paper to sign up for the debarkation test for the kids on the last day. This is only for 5+ night cruises. Sign up asap so you'll get the earliest time. Because we had Cococay on the last day we wanted to make sure it was taken care so we didn't lose out on any time at Cococay. We signed the kids up while we were waiting for their results and was able to get an appt at 7am for the debarkation covid test and off the ship right when  the gangway went down at 8am.

Awesome - I was wondering when we would get to schedule that test.  Our last day is also CoCo Cay so we definitely want the earliest time possible! Hopefully with our 11:30 boarding time we will be one of the first to sign up.  

And, after 90 minutes on the phone with royal, I learned that the boarding day PCR email has not been sent yet - cruise is in 8 days so I will be on the lookout!