Family Cruise

rjac

I have a major birthday coming up in April 2018. I have booked rooms for my wife & I and our daughter and her family on the Allure. I booked them two connecting balcony rooms. The grand kids will be 8 and 12. Having never cruised with children of our own before, not sure how the sea pass will work for them. I can see those disappearing many times during the 7 day cruise, even if they are wearing them on a lanyard! Does RC offer non-destructible wrist band instead of a sea pass card for children?

Also,  is it possible for me to purchase a drink package for my daughter or her husband and put it on my account? Thanks!

You can (and probably should, to take advantage of sales/discounts) purchase drink packages ahead of time and pay via credit card.  If all of the reservations are together you can very simply do this from the Royal Caribbean website or through your travel agent.

I don't beleive there are alternatives to the Sea Pass cards.  There are wrist bands, but they're for Adventure Ocean, and don't open doors and such.  Will the 8 year need to carry his/hers?  I don't have kids but I'd suspect at that age it would still be best to hold onto that for him/her.  For the 12 year old I can see where losing it could be a concer, and as someone who isn't a parent, I'm reluctant to make this suggestion (speaking a bit out of turn), but perhaps the agreement is that if he/she looses the card, it is his/her responsbility to wait in line at guest services and get a new one.  Ya know, that, or secure it to the 12 year old's arm with a roll of clear packing tape :-)

re: children's seapass cards...I would secure them yourself while off ship...otherwise

keeping up with a 12 year old themselves will be more of an issue on the ship as they are able to sign themselves in and out of adventure ocean...

no real concern, though...the ships are a safe environment for the kids and my 11yo enjoyed herself immensely...

she would flee from the dinner table asap in order to get back upstairs to that hangout...she had no problem being responsible for the card in her lanyard but for younger children would probably hold on to it myself (I think lanyard should work just fine while they are visiting adventure ocean if it's required to be on their person during that time)....

I carry my kids' SeaPass cards for them. I tried once to let my oldest daughter (5 years old) carry hers and it was missing by the end of the day.

When you buy the drink package for your daughter, or anyone, just charge it to your SeaPass card but let them know which guest they are buying it for. Should not be an issue. I agree with Billy, buy it in advance to save money and time onboard!

The wristbands the kids get aren't just for Adventure Ocean, they can also be used by the crew to figure out where lost kids belong, and if there was an emergency on board, what muster station they should go to.

As a general rule, I would say that if the kids can't be trusted with the SeaPass card, they probably shouldn't be roaming the ship by themselves, so the cards can stay with the responsible individual that is with them.

On my last cruise, my just-about-10 year-old daughter (whom is very responsible and trustworthy for her age) was allowed for the first time to check herself out of Adventure and a few times we gave her the SeaPass so she could let herself in if she got back to the cabin before we did, but otherwise, we held on to the SeaPass.