Odyssey Jan 23 Itinerary change

bbowers

Just got the email from RC saying our itinerary was changed on Jan 23 2022 sailing on Odyssey OTS.  Changed from Falmouth & Grand Caymans to Costa Maya & Cozumel.  I understand the changes, but my wife and I have been avoiding Mexico on cruises for several years now.  Is there any compensation coming from RC?  Or are we just stuck with the new itinerary?  We are still going to go, but just wondered if anyone has had any luck getting any OBC added because of changes to itinerary, or any other compensation.   

14 minutes ago, bbowers said:

Is there any compensation coming from RC?

Nope. Cruise contract states changes to the itinerary are possible.

You could still cancel, since Royal pushed back final payment date for January cruises https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2021/09/30/royal-caribbean-pushes-back-final-payment-cruises-departing-through-january-2022

Port changes are always possible on any cruise.  Things may change due to weather, volcanoes erupting, ports no longer taking unvaccinated passengers, and so many other reasons.  Cruising is not for the inflexible.  If you are heartbroken over the change, cancel your trip.  Otherwise, enjoy going somewhere you have never been.  I personally love Costa Maya and there are some fabulous beaches there.

4 hours ago, bbowers said:

We are still going, just glad to be back cruising.  Could there be a difference in port charges that could work in my favor or against me?

Sometimes.  Port charges are generally estimates and not known for sure until after-the-fact.  If a port is totally missed, Royal is supposed to recalculate and refund any excess.  I have received some in the past, but there are other members who have posted on this topic with different experiences.

Grand Cayman is closed to cruise ships now, hence Costa Maya.  We are scheduled to be there in February, but we aren't holding out much hope.  Waiting to see if it becomes Costa Maya or the proverbial "sea day".   

I recall missing one port and being allowed to order the drink of the day at a discount of a few dollars.  No OBC ever.