I don’t think I am getting a royal up upgrade

Ken s

We are cruising on Independence of the seas on Monday Nov 15th.  I had bid on a one bedroom grand suite and an owners suite.  About a week and a half ago the status on the owners suite bid changed to expired and the 1 bedroom was still pending but could not be changed or cancelled.  Yesterday there were 5 of the one bedrooms showing as available to book, this morning there was only 1 and this afternoon there were none available to book.  Tonight my the status on my owners suite bid and the one bedroom are both back to pending and changeable, not a good sign, but I guess there is still hope.  If I don’t get one I still have the room I booked and it will be a great trip anyway.

I didn't find out until 2 days prior to my sailing last week, and it ended up being a successful bid.  😇  There have been other reports of people getting the "yay or nay" email after they've already boarded.  

I, too, was showing the "pending" status and was unable to modify or cancel it.  don't sweat it.  hope it works out in your favor! 

I’m not giving up just yet, 3 days before sailing right now. Its hard to be too optimistic because the status for the one bedroom gs changed a couple days ago from pending not changeable to upgrade unavailable and the bid from the owners suite changed from expired back to pending.  Also the booking screen says sold out on suites and there are about 20 rooms available in the spacious balcony class which is what I have currently so unless there are a lot of bids for spacious balcony class they don’t need mine.  However I did see one posting that said they had the same status changes as mine and did get the upgrade.  I’ll just keep an eye on it.

Well it’s Saturday night at 10pm and the cruise leaves Monday, no status change, 1 bed gs status “ upgrade unavailable” owners suite status “pending”, booking shows all suites sold out and about 20 rooms in my current category still available, but…. I’m still hoping.  I’ll update with the final outcome prob on Monday

• 3 months later...