Cruise Planner/Discount

Sapphire

I currently have a booking for Symphony on December 18th, (woo!)

A few days ago, looking at the cruise planner things seemed to be a lot cheaper than they are now. Ex. surf and stream for 4 devices totaling $200 is now $319. Saw the same thing for Thrill Waterpark.

What is the best way to go here? Will there be a sale soon that will bring that price down closer to $200 again? 

There was a sale that ended earlier this week I believe.  Check again on Black Friday - there are usually sales happening. 

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2021/11/08/royal-caribbeans-past-black-friday-deals.

If there's something you think might sell out, advice on here is to buy when you know you want it, then cancel/rebook if it goes on sale.

Have fun!

Mine just went up yesterday.  DBP had been $67 at 20% off and $58 at 30% off with an on board price of $84.  Yesterday the on board price increased to $88 and 20% off is now $70.  Maybe this is in anticipation of the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale so that a higher % off results in the same old sale price.  🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

On 11/11/2021 at 7:43 AM, Pooch said:

Mine just went up yesterday.  DBP had been $67 at 20% off and $58 at 30% off with an on board price of $84.  Yesterday the on board price increased to $88 and 20% off is now $70.  Maybe this is in anticipation of the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale so that a higher % off results in the same old sale price.  🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

I agree with this assessment. I am sure RCL like other travel companies use dynamic pricing. Many retailers increase prices prior to a big sale and then advertise the sale as a even larger saving than it was. My suggestion for the cruise planner would be if you see a price you like just buy it and keep track of the price. That way if you do see a better price you can always cancel and purchase it at the lower price.. 

Yes I agree but our DBP for 4 for a 7 day cruise is or was in the mid$1900 range.  I really did want to put that much out in case of a cancel & repurchase.  That’s a big chunk of change for me.  Hoping for decent Black Friday sale, even if it only goes back to the $58 plus grats.  I’ve pretty much resigned myself to that price.