Who to contact for refund

NEbluebird

We paid in full for a cruise last January but was canceled. When I call RC they tell me the money has been back sent to my bank card but it has never showed up and the bank said it never came to talk to RC. They just give me the run around. I paid for a family of four, not at all happy. Who can I get a hold of to help me?

45 minutes ago, NEbluebird said:

We paid in full for a cruise last January but was canceled. When I call RC they tell me the money has been back sent to my bank card but it has never showed up and the bank said it never came to talk to RC. They just give me the run around. I paid for a family of four, not at all happy. Who can I get a hold of to help me?

Sorry I don't have any help with that one. But one thing I found was unusual with my refunds is that it wasn't one refund, but several smaller refunds. Taxes and fees were one, then I think I got the refund for one person and then the other. So if you are looking for your total cost, you may not see it. 

1 hour ago, bryresangel said:

Sorry I don't have any help with that one. But one thing I found was unusual with my refunds is that it wasn't one refund, but several smaller refunds. Taxes and fees were one, then I think I got the refund for one person and then the other. So if you are looking for your total cost, you may not see it. 

Mine was refunded in two transactions, one for the deposit and one for the balance

I have the same issue.  All they can tell me is everything has been refunded.   While they have made several refunds, I am still showing that I am owed $3,400.  I have been on the phone with the Royal Caribbean  for hours (currently on hour 2 today) and usually have to give up and call back due to lack of time!  It is so incredibly frustrating.  

If you booked with a travel agent we can escalate that. If you booked direct I don't know who you can call, but I would recommend calling in and asking for a full accounting report, and ask for the dates they were supposedly refunded and the amounts, and the last 4 digits of the card that it went to. That will give you a little more to go on.

22 minutes ago, Sharla said:

If you booked with a travel agent we can escalate that. If you booked direct I don't know who you can call, but I would recommend calling in and asking for a full accounting report, and ask for the dates they were supposedly refunded and the amounts, and the last 4 digits of the card that it went to. That will give you a little more to go on.

I can attest to this as @Sharla got me a full accounting report it was CRAZY with my careful notes and spread sheets I still felt cheated, it trickled in and she was able to confirm AND fight for the rest. TA all day!!!

Contact the BBB. I am still waiting on my future cruise credit for me canceling a cruise. Royal Caribbean " customer service " is a joke. I was on the phone last week well over an hour with a lady that I could hardly hear or understand. It sounded like she was in another country talking though a computer. I was told my credit would be sent this past week. It's not there.

On 11/10/2021 at 1:28 PM, NEbluebird said:

In addition to what has already been posted, is it possible for you to contact your credit card customer service - if they see your proof of cancelled charges, maybe they can do something at their end, kind of like dispute resolution.  Just a thought.  I know you stated the bank referred you back to Royal, but I am not clear if you tried formal dispute resolution yet.

On 11/15/2021 at 6:42 AM, ChessE4 said:

In addition to what has already been posted, is it possible for you to contact your credit card customer service - if they see your proof of cancelled charges, maybe they can do something at their end, kind of like dispute resolution.  Just a thought.  I know you stated the bank referred you back to Royal, but I am not clear if you tried formal dispute resolution yet.

Great advise. This is why you should always pay with a credit card and never a bank card. The debit cards offer so much less protection and no travel benefits. Not much help to OP now, but hopefully going forward…