Diamond??

SummerRose

We used to think moving up in the tiers was a big deal.  We will reach Diamond plus on the first of the back to back cruises we have booked.  I now view that attainment as a new freedom.  I am in my late 60's I really doubt we will ever get the 500+ nights needed to reach Pinnacle (700 nights).  The C&A bonus nights program will soon end.  The large amount of nights needed to move up is my motivation to look at other cruise lines as a real option.  It just doesn't matter anymore.   It is my belief RCCL should restructure the tiers adding more levels of status to keep our feeling of loyalty alive.

To answer your question.  Go the the C&A page and look at the chart for the "perks" awarded for each level.  It will help you decide. 

Edited by rcrabb
replace platinum with correct tier Pinnacle

34 minutes ago, SummerRose said:

Hi All!

I have a cruise booked on Anthem for June.  I'm in a solo cabin.  If I take one more cruise before that then I'll be Diamond by that point.  Is it worth it to get bumped up to Diamond?  Should I make the ultimate sacrifice and "force" myself on a 7 day cruise to get the status? lol

It's a 14 day cruise.

The Diamond drinks are very, very tempting.  I say go for it.  The "ultimate" sacrifice.

10 minutes ago, emmef said:

The Diamond drinks are very, very tempting.  I say go for it.  The "ultimate" sacrifice.

Lol.  I could do a solo 5 day cruise (10 C&A points) - I'm in driving distance to Galveston so it's really not a crazy cost...I could do it for under $300.  The drinks of a 14 day cruise would be a game changer (I don't drink much at all so just enough for me).

Diamond is a pretty significant milestone.  It represents the greatest increase in perks that most cruises will realize.  

On a 14 day cruise the drink package cost is $$$$$.  If drinks are your thing, four free daily drinks on a 14 day cruise are a pretty significant savings.  

Diamond is awesome.

It really depends on your situation.  Is the financial cost to take an extra trip worth the extra benefits that you will reap from being a Diamond member in the near future?  If the answer is YES, by all means book that trip.  If the answer is NO, then you should give it more thought. 

We are closing in on D+ and looking at upgrading to a suite for our January 11 night cruise.  That would earn us 44 C & A points just for one cruise.                           Unfortunately the upgrade cost is $2000+ per person right now.  Economically it doesn't make sense for us to do it..........even though I really want to!!  

Do what will bring you the biggest return on happiness.

We reached Diamond recently and Diamond+ in a couple of months. The big benefits we realized from the Diamond were the 4 drinks and the Diamond Club. We do not drink much and on our last cruise only used the 4 drink limit once but it saved us on our final bill for no added drinks. The best was the Diamond Club with the really good coffee machine and snacks in the evening. It actually substituted for several meals and you meet some great folks there.

4 hours ago, SummerRose said:

Lol.  I could do a solo 5 day cruise (10 C&A points) - I'm in driving distance to Galveston so it's really not a crazy cost...I could do it for under $300.  The drinks of a 14 day cruise would be a game changer (I don't drink much at all so just enough for me).

4 drinks that cost $13 each x 14 days = $ 728!   And that's just for one cruise.  

That seems like a WIN!

Just do it! YOLO! 

We were 14 short of Diamond Plus so I booked a 7 night on Harmony (during the double promo) since the port is 2 hours from us. Ended up moving it to Wonder in FLL but paying roughly $2500 to get 14 points and to Diamond Plus was a no brainer. 

Highly unlikely we’ll ever reach Pinnacle but now Celebrity is an attractive option since they’ll match status onboard. 

19 hours ago, Jill said:

Just do it! YOLO! 

We were 14 short of Diamond Plus so I booked a 7 night on Harmony (during the double promo) since the port is 2 hours from us. Ended up moving it to Wonder in FLL but paying roughly $2500 to get 14 points and to Diamond Plus was a no brainer. 

Highly unlikely we’ll ever reach Pinnacle but now Celebrity is an attractive option since they’ll match status onboard. 

We were going to be 13 short with our current bookings so I upgraded our Dec 2022 to a Jr Suite and we will end up with 81...w00t !!

15 hours ago, Tony C said:

We are typical one cruise a year folks. We book four cruises in 2022, just to make it to Diamond!

Same here Tony! The C&A double points deal has been the deciding factor for us. We're on Brilliance over New Year's and will end that cruise at 79 points. Oh so close! We had booked Odyssey for March 20, 2022 and would have boarded Mariner September 11, 2022 at 💎 but we really wanted to be at 💎 when we boarded Odyssey. So we booked Mariner over Valentines Day to achieve that.