Anyone know best excursions for Holy Land Cruise

Mike John

On 11/10/2021 at 4:02 PM, Mike John said:

We are on the Odyssey August 30th Holy Land Cruise out of Rome but RCCL has not listed any excursions for us.  Anyone have any suggestions or recommendations?

It will take some time until they will publish some tours, I think they have not signed with the local companies yet. Until this week Israel would not allow tourists to enter due to C19 situation, but now they start to open the country.

Regarding the excursions , how many days you have there , one or two. If one and if you never been there before I would recommend to go to Jerusalem , it's around 45 to one hour drive from the port of Ashdod. The tour would take you to the old city most of te tours would be around the holy places and the markets. Try to take a tour that also will take you to a view point on the hold city. If it's your first time I wouldn't recommend to do it by yourself (although possible) but to take a ship tour or other organized tour. Some tours will offer you a combination of Jerusalem and the dead sea but it might be too rushed for one day. If you have another day it's really depends what you are looking for , sea day ?, holy places , archeology , food tours ,arts ? There many things to do. 

On 11/10/2021 at 9:02 AM, Mike John said:

We are on the Odyssey August 30th Holy Land Cruise out of Rome but RCCL has not listed any excursions for us.  Anyone have any suggestions or recommendations?

This is so weird because we’re on October 7 and we have excursions. I’ll post what we have. 

• 4 months later...
On 11/10/2021 at 9:02 AM, Mike John said:

Jerusalem for a day.  Ive been there on a 10 day excursion.  There is so much to see, I need to go back.   Off a ship... Jerusalem, the 4 quarters, stop for a nice lunch make way back to ship.