Water cans!

BrianB

On the Anthem and this is my first experience with water in pop-top aluminum cans. I don’t like it! 
I’d much rather be able to twist off the top of the bottle, take a drink, and then twist the top back on. Plus, keeping an open can in my refrigerator makes it taste ‘refrigerator-y’. 
Anybody else getting aluminum cans of water? Opinions?

16 minutes ago, BrianB said:

On the Anthem and this is my first experience with water in pop-top aluminum cans. I don’t like it! 
I’d much rather be able to twist off the top of the bottle, take a drink, and then twist the top back on. Plus, keeping an open can in my refrigerator makes it taste ‘refrigerator-y’. 

We still had plastic bottles on Symphony 2 weeks ago. I do agree with the tin can taste. 

Knowing that this is coming fleet wide, I’ll be bringing a reusable water bottle and filling from the sink. Reverse Osmosis water is quite tasty to me and it’s free! I also noticed that I have the BEST hair days on cruises from the RO water. Apparently my hair likes “naked” water! Lol 

11 hours ago, Jill said:

We still had plastic bottles on Symphony 2 weeks ago. I do agree with the tin can taste. 

Knowing that this is coming fleet wide, I’ll be bringing a reusable water bottle and filling from the sink. Reverse Osmosis water is quite tasty to me and it’s free! I also noticed that I have the BEST hair days on cruises from the RO water. Apparently my hair likes “naked” water! Lol 

image.jpeg.ff0f0efb7ac470fa04cdc92cce1b0c08.jpeg

duuuuuude! Once upon a time, I was in an Amtrak station in some Texan town and I wanted water so I went to the Deja Blue vending machine and got some....and it came in a can....and it continues to be the weirdest thing I think I've ever seen. I expected carbonation when I popped the top but there wasn't any and something about it out of metal was weird and I just hated everything about it. Lol. So...I get you.

Just came here to agree with that. Lol

45 minutes ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

duuuuuude! Once upon a time, I was in an Amtrak station in some Texan town and I wanted water so I went to the Deja Blue vending machine and got some....and it came in a can....and it continues to be the weirdest thing I think I've ever seen. I expected carbonation when I popped the top but there wasn't any and something about it out of metal was weird and I just hated everything about it. Lol. So...I get you.

Just came here to agree with that. Lol

@CrimsonCruiser I feel the same way about the tinny taste.  I will be forever grateful that our upcoming Harmony cruise has the Evian bottled water package and not the horrid tin cans of water.  If that was my only choice I'd just drink the RO water and bring a refillable bottle.

2 hours ago, BrianB said:

Today on the Anthem...turnaround day...apparently the 'pop top' aluminum water cans have been replaced with aluminum screw top bottles. At least so far. Much better.

I had those a few weeks ago on a different (mouse themed) cruise line and even those were a bit odd for me. But I would take that over a pop top.

9 hours ago, BrianB said:

Today on the Anthem...turnaround day...apparently the 'pop top' aluminum water cans have been replaced with aluminum screw top bottles. At least so far. Much better.

We had aluminium screw top bottles on Celebrity earlier this year, perhaps they're adopting them across both brands, we much prefered them over the traditional can.

On 11/9/2021 at 8:13 PM, BrianB said:

We also have cans on HOTS but a bartender told me he wasn’t sure if it would stay this way.  He was saying it is harder to get aluminum in the US than in Europe, right now.

It’s hard to figure out….I’m guessing it has to do with supply. Maybe a supplier had these cans of water already in stock somewhere and they decided to use them. The pop-top aluminum cans say ‘product of Italy’…so they are just plain water imported (shipped?) from Europe. Pretty sure the small print on the can mentioned reverse osmosis…so no chance they came from a special spring or the fountain of youth. So, it appears to be a waste of aluminum and a waste of intercontinental transportation…to get water that can be produced virtually anywhere. My guess is the aluminum can is worth a lot more empty and available for recycle than just holding plain H2O. I know I’m rambling on but, hey, you’re the one who keeps reading! Thanks!😁