Room Question Regarding Age Restrictions

Buzzard05

I booked a cruise on the RCL website for my family of four (me, my wife, sons age 18 and 15)  for an upcoming cruise.

I booked two rooms directly across the hall from each other; one balcony and one interior promenade view.

When I did the reservations, I had to put a guest over 21 in each room in order to complete the reservation.  This puts my son and I in a room, and my wife and other son in the other room.  The plan was to just have the boys stay in the interior room and my wife stay in the balcony room.  However, I am starting to realize that while it may work...there may be some issues with this arrangement (by the way, this is our first cruise...so I am new to all of this).

Will RCL allow me to switch my wife and I into the same room and put my boys together in the room across the hall (even though the oldest is only 18)?

Yes.  There are no bed police.  Once you get onto the ship and get settled, you can make whatever sleeping arrangements you wish.

I have heard humorous stories of young ones, staying in an adjacent room, escaping and being "picked up" by the ship po-po in the middle of the night, causing parents some embarrassment, but it doesn't sound like you will have this problem.  Your children are seemingly older and I'm sure they would NEVER do anything like that :)

You are all going to be much saner at the end of the cruise because of your wise decision to get 2 rooms !!  They are going to have a BLAST !!

What ship and when ??

We are sailing on the Navigator over Thanksgiving out of Miami....and can't wait.

Where I am wondering if I will have any "issues' with my current arrangement is basically with the Sea Passes.  If I understand those correctly, those are "everything" to you onboard (room key, validation for which drink packages you have, etc.)   Having me (and one of  my sons) in the "wrong" room might end up being kind of a hassle with our Sea Passes.

Do you think RCL would allow me to put my two boys in the interior room and me in the balcony room so that our Sea Passes would all be correct?  Or should I just deal with the minor hassle and leave things as they are?

You should be able to go to the Guest Services desk and get an extra key card for each of the rooms.  You probably wont be able to charge anything on the new cards  but will be able to get in to the rooms.  They can charge things on the original cards.

You should be able to go to the Guest Services desk and get an extra key card for each of the rooms.  You probably wont be able to charge anything on the new cards  but will be able to get in to the rooms.  They can charge things on the original cards.

Exactly what I was going to say.

We are doing the same thing on our next cruise and have my wife and I spread across two rooms, but in reality, the kids will be in one room and us in the other.  

At check- in at the pier terminal I would try to get you and your wife in one room and the kids in the other.  The worse they could say would be no.  In 2000 we were on the Voyager with our 3 daughters ages 20, 15 and 13.  They, like your kids had an inside cabin.  I dont remember the particulars but we had no problem putting them in their room at check in.  Maybe things have changed but I dont think you will have a problem doing that.  Have a great time,  I know you will.

I would not do it at check in.  I just did this in June on the Adventure.  After you've boarded, just go to Guest Services and ask for an extra key for each room and show your ID.  They will give you 2 extra key cards.  Just have the two people with the new key cards use the new keys for room entry and their old cards for charging.

You have the ability and responsibility to block charging on your minor children's  sail cards.   If they need to charge something....they know where you will be and you can assist them in their purchase.   You don't need any surprises at the end of your vacation.