Beverage package cups

bryresangel

When we got onboard, I went to the Solarium Bar and got my cup.  Your drink package will show on your Set Sail Pass (w Sea Pass when you get it). 

Interesting side note:  They told me this week (on Freedom) that the cups don’t have a chip in them.  It’s not self-serve right now anyway so it doesn’t matter. 

13 hours ago, teddy said:

Interesting side note:  They told me this week (on Freedom) that the cups don’t have a chip in them.  It’s not self-serve right now anyway so it doesn’t matter. 

Huh! I am inclined to think that crew member misspoke. One because the machines on Odyssey still needed to read the cup before they worked - several times the crew member filling my cup would try to press the selections without my cup on the sensor and the machine would flash that warning.

Also...I feel like Royal isn't the one who inputs the chips but rather whatever company they use and it would be kinda weird for them to change that order and risk having cups coming in at a later date that don't have that chip...

14 hours ago, bryresangel said:

Good evening! Hubby and I have the refreshment package. If I am understanding correctly, that means we would get a reusable cup for the drink stations. Is that correct and if so, where do we get one at? 

Yes, souvenir cups come with every drink package.

Pre-covid the cups were delivered to your cabin, but now you just have to go to a bar to request one.

9 minutes ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

Also...I feel like Royal isn't the one who inputs the chips but rather whatever company they use and it would be kinda weird for them to change that order and risk having cups coming in at a later date that don't have that chip...

I had the same thought. 

They are filling regular cups for people (who have a beverage package), so I’m thinking they must be able to override the function on the machine maybe?