Feeling Stupid

ladymis11

With the new protocols you need to check-in prior to your travel to the cruise port. You could face being turned away and not being able to board if you do not. Download the Royal App onto your smart phone and check-in on that when it is available. You will be able to upload photos of your COVID card, scan your passport and take your picture. It is easy but be sure to do it as soon as the window opens. You also have to complete the health check the day before you board and complete the Safety briefing when you get onboard on your phone in the app.

Even though I have the app I much prefer to check-in on the website on my PC, mainly because I prefer be able to use a proper keyboard and have a decent-sized screen in front of me as opposed to fiddling with the tiny keyboard and screen on my phone.

And I always print out the setsail pass as well as having it on my phone just in case technology decides to throw a tantrum at the port.

15 hours ago, ladymis11 said:

Booked on the Anthems on Jan 20, 2022.  I have never checked in before we got to cruiseport, so pretty stupid about the process.  Question is...what do we need when we checkin ..example...covid test, photo, passport etc.  or can we  just checkin at cruiseport?? Thank you.

You’re definitely not stupid. You already did the smartest thing you could by joining this blog! 😉

Just make sure you have the following with you when you get to the cruise port:

1. Your negative covid test results from at most 2 days before sail date.

2. Your vaccination card with the last vaccination date 14 days before sail date

3. Your passport OR photo ID and birth certificate

4. Your set sail pass

Other than that they can and will take your photo at the cruise port.

You are doing the right thing by asking questions now.  Some people just show up unprepared and get turned away at the terminal.

In addition to some of the tips previous posters have provided, please monitor your emails from Royal.  One of them should be coming soon that outlines the protocols for January sailings.   Pay attention to this email and make sure you complete the steps or have the ability to complete them at the port.

We are on the same Anthem cruise and happy to answer additional questions about the cruise, the port, and the ship if you need more info.

my older DD doesn't have a smart phone (disabled), but we plan on putting the royal app on her tablet, just in case she needs it for the safety briefing. Thank goodness my Mom isn't cruising anymore -- she has a smart phone with no clue how to use it (doesn't even text), and I keep telling her to get a plain one so she isn't charged for data every month, but she won't listen to me....