Covid Test Anxiety

So I am definitely letting my anxiety get the better of me. I know Royal Caribbean says you have to test 2 days prior (not 48 hours). However, I ordered the emed at home test and I'm afraid if I take it early in the morning (around 5am) that it's going to be an issue at check-in since the the test result on the app at time of check in will say 3 days since negative test result. I'm going to print the result as well, but I would imagine the time would still be on there. Has anyone actually had experience with this and it hasn't been questioned?

I know I should just wait until later that night to test, but I have anxiety about taking the test in general so I'll be anxious all day waiting until after work to take it as well. 

Yes, I completely admit that I'm an over-thinker...in desperate need of a cruise so I can relax!

This whole testing thing is a mess. In the interest of clarity, the test must be taken “no more then 2 days prior to sailing” which means if you have a check in time at noon on a Saturday then you can test anywhere from 12:01 Thursday afternoon to 11:59 on Saturday am. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong because we are going to be doing this next week in preparation for a holiday sailing. As for the children, “no more then 3 days prior to sailing- but NOT on boarding day”. My family of (4) 2 adults and 2 young kids are going to test next Friday afternoon. 

I did an eMed test at 11pm the night before a cruise.  I had been traveling with flights and got home late.

The eMed letter uses UTC which was of course for an 11pm ET time was the next day in UTC.  At the port they said.. "Oh, you did the test today!"  I didn't correct them. 

Don't sweat the test.   They don't count hours, just days.  

I studied really hard for the test and all that hard work paid off... I passed!

10 minutes ago, tonyfsu21 said:

This whole testing thing is a mess. In the interest of clarity, the test must be taken “no more then 2 days prior to sailing” which means if you have a check in time at noon on a Saturday then you can test anywhere from 12:01 Thursday afternoon to 11:59 on Saturday am. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong because we are going to be doing this next week in preparation for a holiday sailing. As for the children, “no more then 3 days prior to sailing- but NOT on boarding day”. My family of (4) 2 adults and 2 young kids are going to test next Friday afternoon. 

You can take the test at any time on Thursday. Children, any time on Wednesday.

I feel your pain. I'm the planner in the family, so I'm the one who has to identify and mitigate all our travel risks. I was anxious about everything leading up to getting on board, including the possibility of a false positive. Luckily my wife knows me well, so first thing she said when we woke up Saturday morning (for a Monday afternoon departure) was, "Let's take a Covid test!" The process was very easy and done start to finish in about 20 minutes. As somebody else said the time on the printout is UTC so it's a few hours later than local, but the date is all they care about.

It never helps when anybody says it to me, but relax--you're going to have a great vacation!

Quinn

3 minutes ago, Jkaczano said:

Our cruise was on a Sunday. I had the whole family do the Emed test at 12:01AM on Friday morning. 

This sounds like something I would do - I don’t think I’ll be getting much sleep  that night anyway. Just so nervous I’ll have an issue at the terminal but this thread is putting me more at ease. Thanks everyone! 

8 minutes ago, DieselsCruzzzzin said:

This sounds like something I would do - I don’t think I’ll be getting much sleep  that night anyway. Just so nervous I’ll have an issue at the terminal but this thread is putting me more at ease. Thanks everyone! 

I sympathize. I had been having trouble sleeping for a couple nights and the 2 teenage boys didn’t mind staying up late.  UTC flips to Friday before Eastern time zone so I knew we were ok doing it then. I felt so much better once it was done and over with. 

I just went to the CVS site to sign up... Got all signed up no issue for next Thursday. Got to the end and was informed that its some state run facility and not a CVS or Urgent care facility. I'm glad I saw that cause if I had pulled up to the address and not seen "CVS" I would have been in a panic...

They don't except the "rapid test" correct? That makes no sense, I worked with someone last Monday that tested positive on Tuesday. I gave it 4 days and got tested Friday just to be sure and I asked which test should I get, they said well the rapid test is 95% accurate and the PCR is 98%. I got the rapid test wit those numbers, waited 10 minutes and had my results, negative. I don't understand why they don't except the rapid test? I'm vaccinated also.

34 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

They don't except the "rapid test" correct? That makes no sense, I worked with someone last Monday that tested positive on Tuesday. I gave it 4 days and got tested Friday just to be sure and I asked which test should I get, they said well the rapid test is 95% accurate and the PCR is 98%. I got the rapid test wit those numbers, waited 10 minutes and had my results, negative. I don't understand why they don't except the rapid test? I'm vaccinated also.

This is news to me. It mentions PCR or Antigen, I don’t see a single thing that says you can’t take a “rapid antigen test”. This is the test they are conducting on children at the port prior to getting on the ship from what I understand. 

39 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Also, check 2 post above and you can see that @Jason12 got on the ship via a negative result from a rapid antigen test. 

7 minutes ago, tonyfsu21 said:

This is news to me. It mentions PCR or Antigen, I don’t see a single thing that says you can’t take a “rapid antigen test”. This is the test they are conducting on children at the port prior to getting on the ship from what I understand. 

Well that's good news. I know they are being kinda weird where you need a treat at the exact right time. It's like a shuttle launch but I haven't paid attention lately, this was a few months ago.

The rapid test is amazing. I wish I had that machine at home and test once a week myself. 

1 hour ago, tonyfsu21 said:

Unvaccinated children under 12 get a PCR test at the pier (in addition to PCR or antigen up to 3 days prior to boarding), antigen on the ship prior to debarkation.

Regardless of age, antigen tests prior to boarding are accepted, as are PCR.

I had anxiety about the test because we had spent 4 days prior at the theme parks. But that Friday morning after breakfast we all took our eMed test with no problem. We scheduled back-up test at a facility for that Sat but didn't need them. It was a stressful 45min as we waited for all 5 test to come back negative. They do show the time and date but the time listed is after your results are read by the proctor.

On 11/9/2021 at 3:42 PM, Jason12 said:

We went as a family of 3 for testing we used RC provided testers, my wife and sons came back next day negative mine was like this.. the negative was done at the port 😱 yep I was a bit anxious because it was a 8 hours drive to the port and maybe I could get turned away 

1832791F-B9D4-408A-88B5-182509EF329B.png

I just want to see the Potters back in the EPL!!!!

8 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

I had anxiety about the test because we had spent 4 days prior at the theme parks. But that Friday morning after breakfast we all took our eMed test with no problem. We scheduled back-up test at a facility for that Sat but didn't need them. It was a stressful 45min as we waited for all 5 test to come back negative. They do show the time and date but the time listed is after your results are read by the proctor.

We are 9 days out and it’s very stressful trying to avoid getting sick and avoid missing another Thanksgiving cruise! Hopefully next Friday after the rapid test results come back negative I can finally relax. I remember the days when the lead up to the cruise was almost as exciting as the cruise itself!