Code Red...What does this mean?

Bcynde24

We are booked for the Explorer of the Sea on December 26, 2021 Holiday sailing.....The booking just went to "Code Red" and is not showing up for anyone to book this sailing?  What does this mean?  Is it pre cancellation? If so I would like to hop on something else...... I can't imagine that the cruise line would cancel a Holiday sailing, seems like these sailings would be their money makers.....Help I am freaking out...this is our Christmas.....

A number of holiday cruises are closed since they extended the CSO.  These are popular cruises with above average bookings. 

It's a capacity thing because of CDC rules at the moment.  Nothing to worry about, don't read too much into it.  

Many NYE cruises are also closed.  Explorer has open cruises before and after the holidays. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2021 at 7:47 AM, Bcynde24 said:

We are booked for the Explorer of the Sea on December 26, 2021 Holiday sailing.....The booking just went to "Code Red" and is not showing up for anyone to book this sailing?  What does this mean?  Is it pre cancellation? If so I would like to hop on something else...... I can't imagine that the cruise line would cancel a Holiday sailing, seems like these sailings would be their money makers.....Help I am freaking out...this is our Christmas.....

Did you ever find out what it means? And are you still able to sail? Same thing just happened to my booking.. supposedly it’s sold out but I’m not sure if that’s reallly the case 

I would expect it to remain Code Red until the 30 day/final payment date. I would assume it’s possibly over cdc capacity. Final payment usually yields some cancellations plus I’m sure there will be some Covid positive cancellations as well. 

I wouldn’t worry too much. 

11 minutes ago, Jill said:

I would expect it to remain Code Red until the 30 day/final payment date. I would assume it’s possibly over cdc capacity. Final payment usually yields some cancellations plus I’m sure there will be some Covid positive cancellations as well. 

I wouldn’t worry too much. 

Cool.. we’re 28 days out so we shall see!

• 11 months later...