Miami Dade County Testing

Bavaria

Hello everybody. Long time lurker, first time poster.

My wife and I are taking our son on our first cruise this Sunday on Allure and we're super excited.

Unfortunately we missed out on the CVS registrations and cant find any appointments. We were wondering if we can do the covid testing at the Miami Dade testing sites (like the one at Don Paul Plaza) instead. Are they accepted by Royal Caribbean? And do they send us the results or do we have to collect them?

Your help is much appreciated. We hope to see some of you onboard Allure!

Hey Twangster thank you for your reply. 

My son is 8 months old so he wont be needing to take a covid test. I just saw that we can do it at Walgreens I didnt know that. My wife refuses to do a swab by herself though 😂.

I just saw that if we do a rapid antigen test with Miami Dade we have to do a PCR as well. Dont know whats the use of doing a rapid antigen test then. Do you recommend doing it with them?

9 hours ago, Bavaria said:

@twangster my wife and I did the Walgreens test and thankfully tested negative so we are good to go. Thank you for your advice!

One last thing though do they still have that cigars under the stars? Or do you recommend I just go to deck 16 port side since its more quiet with no cigarette smokers?

Thank you!

Glad it worked out for you!

I don't recall if Allure still has Cigars Under The Stars.  Check out a cruise compass here:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/cruise-compass?ship=274

On 11/8/2021 at 11:34 PM, twangster said:

About this, I was reading an article the other day about how Canadians could use the Walgreens test for free. They can use a Canadian drivers license and any US address. 

Has any Canadian here tried this option before, since I might try it? 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/free-test-u-s-1.6242844

3 hours ago, jack_4321 said:

About this, I was reading an article the other day about how Canadians could use the Walgreens test for free. They can use a Canadian drivers license and any US address. 

Has any Canadian here tried this option before, since I might try it? 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/free-test-u-s-1.6242844

At the moment Walgreens gets reimbursed or paid for it's services regardless so they are motivated to test anyone with a pulse.

If demand goes up significantly or once someone tries to use it for political purposes, the US government may clamp down.  

At the moment it's good for anyone here in the US to be tested so if someone is positive they can take the appropriate steps to reduce spread here.