Something you Haven't Done on a Ship Yet (or Won't)

Va4fam

So great to be cruising again and hope that everyone has a fantastic time on their latest or next cruise. 

We typically enjoy the ship as much as the destinations and like to try all the fun things to do. 

On our last cruise, we finally tried room service for the first time.  It was great....sitting on the balcony and watching the world go by.

One thing we haven't done yet even though it has been offered on every ship......Rock Climbing.   We are not against it but never seemsto match up our schedule with when climbing sessions are available.  Maybe next cruise.

How about you...what's something you have not tried on a cruise ship, and will you try at some point, or never at all?

We are full tilt vacationers, the lads say "we don't take vacations, we go on trips." We are on an empty nest cruise for the first time with two other couples that are dear friends. I'm trying to tone it down a bit and take things slower. Smell the flowers and relax. This could happen and fall under something new to try or more than likely will be a never happen. I think I need a relaxation coach!

1 hour ago, foxrunner said:

We are full tilt vacationers, the lads say "we don't take vacations, we go on trips." We are on an empty nest cruise for the first time with two other couples that are dear friends. I'm trying to tone it down a bit and take things slower. Smell the flowers and relax. This could happen and fall under something new to try or more than likely will be a never happen. I think I need a relaxation coach!

Can totally relate foxrunner.   We try to do it all and frequently overschedule our activities. 

We need vacations just to rest up from our vacations!  Good luck with the relaxing. 

I no longer try and fill my day and do so much.   I take times when I read someplace quiet.  Or order room service for breakfast and don't leave the room until noon.   I figure if there is something I miss, I can do that next time.   I do not like being overly tired and not taking the time to rest.  Our cruises are mostly 2 weeks long.  Every 3 or 4 days we need a time-out.  Maybe room service for dinner and a movie in our cabin.  We bring a disc with movies on it, and use it with the room TV.   Plus we almost always stay up very late (at home and on cruises), so getting up early is not what we enjoy.  With a cruise, and most vacations, you can do whatever you want, at your own speed. Just enjoy!!!!

10 hours ago, wordell1 said:

I have never tried an inside cabin. I probably will at some point. My wife is convinced she would hate it so we will try a short cruise at some point. It would mean a few more cruises per year in retirement so I want to at least see.

I'm the opposite. Never tried anything but an interior cabin (wait, does an interior with virtual balcony count?). It will be nice to try a balcony, someday.

To date I have never failed to be up to see sunrise nor do I intend to do so anytime soon. There HAVE been days that conditions made it so that there was nothing to see, but I was up to not see it.

BTW, this doesn't mean I retire early on any of the evenings - sometimes hitting the pillow to rising before the sun is less than three hours.

1 hour ago, HeWhoWaits said:

To date I have never failed to be up to see sunrise nor do I intend to do so anytime soon. There HAVE been days that conditions made it so that there was nothing to see, but I was up to not see it.

BTW, this doesn't mean I retire early on any of the evenings - sometimes hitting the pillow to rising before the sun is less than three hours.

That was quite the journey through double-negative speak!

7 minutes ago, SPS said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I will not volunteer for The Quest! 😆

FYI: I notice that the volunteers are usually young, first-time cruisers that don't know they are in for!

I've seen the opposite.  Quest veterans that come with a bag of just about anything the quest has asked for before.  An old bra, a comb, a cruise compass, a shoe lace, etc. etc. etc.  

1 hour ago, SPS said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I will not volunteer for The Quest! 😆

FYI: I notice that the volunteers are usually young, first-time cruisers that don't know they are in for!

I've noticed a lot of veteran cruisers volunteering for the Quest.  My husband always volunteers for The Quest, I've done The Quest 6 times and we've been cruising with Royal since 2009 takin gat least 3 cruises each year.  The way I see it is like this who cares if I make a fool out of myself, I'm on vacation and chances are I won't see any of these people again once the cruise ends so why not let loose and have some ridiculous fun. 

I can't wait for Royal to bring back The Quest.

Never gone to the art auction. While I do enjoy looking at the art, I'm (1) cheap and (2) uncultured lol. I'd never spend what they're asking and I'm not that booze happy to waste time sitting somewhere I'm not interested in just to drink champagne. (no judgement on anyone who goes, of course)

5 hours ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

Never gone to the art auction. While I do enjoy looking at the art, I'm (1) cheap and (2) uncultured lol. I'd never spend what they're asking and I'm not that booze happy to waste time sitting somewhere I'm not interested in just to drink champagne. (no judgement on anyone who goes, of course)

I would never buy art on a cruise ship (okay, never say never.  But I don't ever expect to do it.), but I have sat with friends who do occasionally buy something.  I'm actually going to say, check it out!  It's actually kind of fun to watch.  And I don't think I even took their cheap booze.

5 hours ago, Dlove707 said:

I have never done Karaoke and pretty sure I never will.

do you at least go to watch? Sometimes that's as much fun (or even more so) than participating

7 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

Sit in an outdoor hot tub on the pool deck. I love a good hot tub but can't bring myself to do it on a cruise ship. Something about kids and other other adults jumping in and out. I almost did it on my last cruise but chickened out.

did it once on a not-super warm port day. Fortunately not many kids around but it was a little strange being in the same small area as a touchy feely couple and their kids that would occasionally pop in. Not so much for their PDA but because i float in the tubs and I kept freaking out I was going to accidentally kick someone with my lightweight legs. lol