Coco Cay Snorkel Excursion

Dmspacca

17 hours ago, Dmspacca said:

Nevermind I found in the fine print that it is an at your leisure and not guided.

We usually brigk our own equipment and snorkel off the beach.  However, because of island development, the reefs are now man-made.  I still saw lots of fish/jellyfish.  But there used to be an excursion to another site that I am tempted to try if it is offered on our next visit there.

One must be wary of the currents when snorkeling at your leisure -- my son and I were once caught in currents, and we didn't have vests on (won't do that again), so we struggled.  He made it to shore just fine, but I had to cheat and climb on the rocks at the cove entrance to get out of the current.  That was a bad day even for divers.  Normally, the water has been fine.

On 11/9/2021 at 5:18 AM, ChessE4 said:

We usually brigk our own equipment and snorkel off the beach.  However, because of island development, the reefs are now man-made.  I still saw lots of fish/jellyfish.  But there used to be an excursion to another site that I am tempted to try if it is offered on our next visit there.

One must be wary of the currents when snorkeling at your leisure -- my son and I were once caught in currents, and we didn't have vests on (won't do that again), so we struggled.  He made it to shore just fine, but I had to cheat and climb on the rocks at the cove entrance to get out of the current.  That was a bad day even for divers.  Normally, the water has been fine.

Thanks, @ChessE4, for bringing up the currents.  I wonder if the Snorkel Shack has vests for renting (or borrowing)?  I have one, but my (adult) daughter does not.  We, too, are bringing our own snorkel equipment.  

21 hours ago, IRMO12HD said:

Thanks, @ChessE4, for bringing up the currents.  I wonder if the Snorkel Shack has vests for renting (or borrowing)?  I have one, but my (adult) daughter does not.  We, too, are bringing our own snorkel equipment.  

I believe vests come with the rental kit, but I am not sure.  My wife ordered us vests on Amazon.

• 2 weeks later...