Options, if one person can't sail?

dejavu21

So, my family of five is scheduled on Liberty, Dec 19th and my 18 year old may not be able to get off of work (brand new job) to go with us.

1) What are my options for:

• his cruise fare?
  • his excursion fare?
  • his soda package?

Any chance any of this can be refunded or added as an onboard credit?  ***UPDATED -Answers below***

Soda package and excursions will be refunded. If not cancelled before the Cruise Planner is locked prior to sailing it will be refundable onboard credit. Anything unused will either be refunded to the credit card used at check-in or cashed out at Guest Services the last night.

Cruise fare, the taxes, fees, and port expenses will be refunded plus pre-paid gratuity if applicable. Not sure how the actual refunded process works for that part. Cruise fare portion would be forfeited if cancelled less than 14 days prior to sailing.

Also if insurance was purchased. Check the policy if it has a cancel for any reason clause. Don't think Cruise With Confidence would be applicable. Think it has to be the entire booking cancelled. 

You should be able to cancel right up to the cruise.  Below is a link to the information.  One thing I would change when you are talking to RCL,  your son "is not comfortable traveling with lots of people right now".

Cancel Your Cruise Up to 48 Hrs Before Sailing: Cruise with Confidence | Royal Caribbean Cruises

2 hours ago, Traveling Mike said:

You should be able to cancel right up to the cruise.  Below is a link to the information.  One thing I would change when you are talking to RCL,  your son "is not comfortable traveling with lots of people right now".

Cancel Your Cruise Up to 48 Hrs Before Sailing: Cruise with Confidence | Royal Caribbean Cruises

What about the Deposit.  I paid $250 for each person and they told me the FCC for his deposit would be $50 (unless I misunderstood her).  Thanks fo the tip.