First Time Cruisers

Kaci

Hello Everyone,

First time cruising. Party of 9, with kids ages 16, 15, and 6. Any tips?, stuff to pack?, places to see?, Things on your "must do" list?

What is there to do at these places:

1. ORLANDO (PORT CANAVERAL), FL 
  2. COZUMEL, MEXICO 
  3. ROATAN, HONDURAS 
  4. PUERTO COSTA MAYA, MEXICO 
  5. PERFECT DAY AT COCOCAY

Is there things to do that are free or reasonably priced for all of us to do together?

This is a New Years cruise. I did purchase some glow sticks for everyone but if there is any other ideas, I would love them. Also, I have googled the weather and being a Florida resident whom lives close to the beach, knows how breezy it can be, but if anyone has bee on a cruise for new years to Mexico, I would love to know how cold it was....

I have googled and googled but I cannot seem to find reassuring information.

Thanks a ton! 

Welcome to the message boards!

You might want to start here:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/getting-started

Florida weather can be unpredictable like it has been this week.  It was 57° F when I debarked a cruise this morning which is cold by Florida standards.  The good news is that it's already up to 72°F right now.  If a similar cold front sweeps in for Christmas/NYE it might long pants weather, we just don't know.

Assuming all of you are vaccinated by then, I would recommend the following.

Rotana- Rony's tours - they have both prepackaged and private tours available. Choices are on their website. The zip lines and snorkeling are good on Roatan. It's worth a trip to see the sloths also.

Cozumel- Paradise Beach or Mr Sancho's. Paradise Beach has a pay as you go option vs Mr Sancho being all inclusive. Both have fun inflatables in the water that the kids will like.

Costa Maya - has good Mayan ruins if you like them. Otherwise it's a beach. Maya Chan is a popular club. There is also plenty of beach club/restaurants in the town. The beach is nice but beware that there are lots of vendors approaching you on the beach. Go to Maya Chan to avoid this 

If you are not all vaccinated, you will need to stay on Royal excursions only.