Covid tests onboard Ship

Cez

I'm sure I read somewhere that passengers from countries that require a PCR test to return after cruise will have free tests one or two days before disembarkation. Does anyone has link or document confirming this statement ?
Now I was trying to schedule that test and they are wanting to charge me for it.   I cannot find this info anywhere. 
Thank you!

15 minutes ago, Cez said:

I'm sure I read somewhere that passengers from countries that require a PCR test to return after cruise will have free tests one or two days before disembarkation. Does anyone has link or document confirming this statement ?
Now I was trying to schedule that test and they are wanting to charge me for it.   I cannot find this info anywhere. 
Thank you!

You'd set up the post-cruise test while on board. There's no way to book that before the cruise.

I’m onboard now (EOS), PCR test is still required to re-enter Canada. I need to do it onboard and they want to charge me for it. 
I saw somewhere entire paragraph explaining this process and I remember that they said that it is going to be complimentary. 
Cannot find it now. Any ideas?

I just got off Symphony I noticed in the daily planner starting on day 3 through day 5 there was a note on the front page advising customers who needed a COVID test to schedule one by calling medial.  If I'm not mistaken I think I it was also notated in the daily planner that there would be a nominal charge for the test but I did cross paths with a couple from Canada who weren't charged at all for the onboard test. 

1 hour ago, Cez said:

I’m onboard now (EOS), PCR test is still required to re-enter Canada. I need to do it onboard and they want to charge me for it. 
I saw somewhere entire paragraph explaining this process and I remember that they said that it is going to be complimentary. 
Cannot find it now. Any ideas?

See this thread by @twangster

My issue has been resolved with help of suite concierge (Thank you Jorge:). It might helped that I found this section in RoyalApp. 
Testing will be done in ship’s medical facilities on the last day of the cruise 

Many thanks to everyone responding to my question !!

992BDD4D-515A-4CB2-B08E-9D01C53C4178.png

16 hours ago, Matt said:

That's for the test pre-cruise, no? If not, where are you seeing an option to schedule end of cruise test?

I was trying to schedule it with Guests  Services but all I’ve got it was QR code with link with registration to testing facility in San Juan after disembarking. Completely useless 😞  
I had to take this in my hands as we are flying to Canada right after the cruise. So I talk to our concierge and the rest was handled with him. 
First they told me that they can provide PCR testing onboard by ship doctor (!) but I’ll be charged for it.

Once I finally found and presented section of the RoyalApp that is talking about free test, they came back saying that’s only for antigen test (because they mention that in previous section in regarding to kids testing). Ehh

Finally today I’ve got phone call with scheduled time and was reassured that test is complimentary  

I understand that this is the very first cruise for EOS after ~15 months but crew was on the ship for two months before sailing, they should be better prepared and synchronized with rest of the fleet. I’ll update you how did it go. 

• 2 weeks later...

Flyer with new QR code was delivered with more information to out stateroom. We were able to properly register and schedule out test for the last day of the cruise.

Testing procedure was very fast and easy. In the conference room on the second deck, they set-up testing venue with 5 stations. We made sure that it is a PCR test, quick swab inside nostrils and 30 minutes later we got our results by email. Easy. Too bad we had to loose some vacation time to make sure that it will be done.

Also we've learn, that all crew members are tested on weekly bases. Go Royal !