No Show Likely?

deep1

No-show means not turning up on sailing day with no advance notice. No need to let Royal know.

If you let them know in advance it's effectively a part cancellation. With a cancellation invoice, and depending on the reason for your room mate not travelling, they may be able to get a refund of some of the monies paid through their travel insurance, if they have any.

I'm not sure where you'd stand on the issue of pricing if your room mate cancels. Your cabin could potentially be repriced to reflect single occupancy rather than double occupancy and that might bump the price up. That's why so many folks here and over on the other place recommend no-showing rather than cancelling. 

12 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

No-show means not turning up on sailing day with no advance notice. No need to let Royal know.

If you let them know in advance it's effectively a part cancellation. With a cancellation invoice, and depending on the reason for your room mate not travelling, they may be able to get a refund of some of the monies paid through their travel insurance, if they have any.

I'm not sure where you'd stand on the issue of pricing if your room mate cancels. Your cabin could potentially be repriced to reflect single occupancy rather than double occupancy and that might bump the price up. That's why so many folks here and over on the other place recommend no-showing rather than cancelling. 

Room is paid for in full for two. No insurance. Know we only get taxes and fees back. Have heard both ways about let them know or do last minute thing. Both with explanations of what is better. I forgot what they said so I'm asking again.  Getting double double on the oints is really more important than refund here...

My sister couldn't go on our Sept 2021 Oasis cruise that already paid for in full for 2.   I didn't tell RCCL before the cruise date.  I did let RCCL know when I was checking in at the port that my sister would be a no show.  I did receive the refund for taxes and port charges about a week after returning and also received double double points about 3 weeks after returning. 

3 hours ago, Matt said:

If I know someone is going to no-show, I never say anything in advance. There's nothing their system can do to change/alert anything.

Just no-show and their system will give you the double points, refund for fees, etc.

Thank you

• 3 months later...
On 11/7/2021 at 10:06 PM, Matt said:

If I know someone is going to no-show, I never say anything in advance. There's nothing their system can do to change/alert anything.

Just no-show and their system will give you the double points, refund for fees, etc.

Do you check-in a "no show"?  Is it possible to just check-in just the 1 person sailing on a booking?