Celebrity Expanding Market On West Coast

cruisellama

13 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Ha, that 7 night round trip Pacific Coast LA to LA is about as close to a cruise to nowhere that they've ever come up with!

Its just mirroring some Princess offerings  (booze cruises) - Love Boat itineraries.  There are some transitory Pacific coast offerings which feature a stop in Catalina which is neat.   We booked an Eclipse Mex Riviera in '23 as we've never visited the west coast of Mexico.  Easy way to punch that ticket.

• 5 months later...

I have a 15-night Panama Canal on Millie booked this December. It appears that Celebrity have removed her from the schedule from the last Alaska sailing in September through to January 2023. Los Angeles has also disappeared from the list of departure ports on their cruise search. Any ideas if that's permanent or a glitch? My booking still appears when I log in.

14 hours ago, sftraveler said:

I have a 15-night Panama Canal on Millie booked this December. It appears that Celebrity have removed her from the schedule from the last Alaska sailing in September through to January 2023. Los Angeles has also disappeared from the list of departure ports on their cruise search. Any ideas if that's permanent or a glitch? My booking still appears when I log in.

Hope a glitch - we have a west coast cruise on Eclipse from LA in Nov '23.

On 4/12/2022 at 5:21 AM, cruisellama said:

Hope a glitch - we have a west coast cruise on Eclipse from LA in Nov '23.

Haven’t gotten the email myself yet, but others on the Dec 19 Panama Canal have received notice of cancellation. It’s a pity. That’s a big ticket holiday sailing. 

updated: indeed cruise cancelled. Lift & Shift offered but applies to only two sailings: one in September eastbound after Alaska season, and one next April (presumably to repo Millie back to Alaska for next season). No additional options or OBC. Booked on Princess which I presume will now be a much more full ship.