Water and Soda In Your Stateroom

Jim D

I apologize if this was already covered somewhere else.  But I am doing a B2B on two different ships solo - so I wont be carrying a lot with me except my luggage and carry on and my chances to go to the store before-hand are limited.  But, I was wondering is it possible to have bottled water and soda delivered to your room.  I understand you can carry it on but that is just not going to be possible for me.  I know that drinks in your room are not part of my drink package.  I thought I read somewhere you can order it thru Royal gifts - however anytime I have tried to access that page it never works for me.  Is there some sort of package I can buy before-hand or onboard to have water and soda in my stateroom fridge?

8 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

You have to carry on water and soda. It can't be checked through to your room.

There should be water packages available in the Cruise Planner to pre-purchase. As for soda, you might as well pay as you go for the prices they charge you on the gifts page.

As I said I do not have the ability to carry them on - I have a drink package so I am fine for soda throughout the day - I just want cans of soda and bottled water in my room.  There is nothing on the cruise planner that says I can buy it anywhere.  That is why I am wondering is there a way to purchase beforehand or onboard to have them delivered to my room. 

There is a water (Dasani) package that appears in my CP under beverage packages, last item on the list.  As to soda, if you have a drink package, just ask for a can at the bar.  Most have some cans & then take it to your stateroom.  Repeat as often as necessary to get however much you require.

3 minutes ago, Pooch said:

There is a water (Dasani) package that appears in my CP under beverage packages, last item on the list.  As to soda, if you have a drink package, just ask for a can at the bar.  Most have some cans & then take it to your stateroom.  Repeat as often as necessary to get however much you require.

Hmm - Not finding any water on my CP - odd because you are the second person that told me about it..  Good to know they offer cans of soda - I thought they only offered fountain soda at the bar.  - Thanks!

21 minutes ago, Pooch said:

On my last cruise (Ovation) bar staff refused to give me cans (I had the soda package) to take back to my room. I asked at several different bars with the same answer. They would give bottles of water to my wife (who had the refreshment package) but would not give out cans of soda. I'm not sure if this is a new policy, or a ship specific policy. I was able to get a few cans from La Pittiseri cafe (one at a time) but then other times I was told my soda package was not covered there.

The water package has been mentioned but with the soda it's very much ymmv. Most bars don't have a lot or any cans, they have bottles or the nozzles. I have the refresher package and have used room service or the suite lounge to get cans. I usually get 3 or 5 a day but those have been the only places with cans.

If I'm recalling the fridge had a mini-bar menu that you could order cans of soda from. No clue if it has returned due to restrictions on who is allowed to enter your stateroom.

Added: Keep in mind you'll have to pay for items ordered from the mini-bar menu. They are not covered by any beverage package.

25 minutes ago, Jim D said:

Which is perfectly fine.  How does one go about doing that? 

Pre-covid, there used to be a form in your room that you filled in. I can't remember if you were then supposed to hang it out on your door or give it to your cabin attendant and I don't know if the option even exists. I do remember that the per can price worked out cheaper than buying individual cans at any of the bars on board.

I hope you manage to sort it out.

2 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

The only beverage package that includes canned soda is the DBP.  All they are obligated to give you with the Refreshment or Soda packages is fountain sodas.

I don’t care if I have to buy it.  But there has to be a way to buy soda and water for my room 

21 hours ago, Jim D said:

I apologize if this was already covered somewhere else.  But I am doing a B2B on two different ships solo - so I wont be carrying a lot with me except my luggage and carry on and my chances to go to the store before-hand are limited.  But, I was wondering is it possible to have bottled water and soda delivered to your room.  I understand you can carry it on but that is just not going to be possible for me.  I know that drinks in your room are not part of my drink package.  I thought I read somewhere you can order it thru Royal gifts - however anytime I have tried to access that page it never works for me.  Is there some sort of package I can buy before-hand or onboard to have water and soda in my stateroom fridge?

In addition to what has been said, at some point your Crown and Royal status will allow you to choose an in-room amenity for embarkation day (for us it has been water or soda.)  Granted, it's just a bottle or two, but it helps on embarkation day.  At Diamond there are also the drink vouchers that kick in.  We have used them to get bottled water for excursions, etc.  Something to look forward to down the road...We are envious of your B2B!

8 hours ago, Jim D said:

What crusieplanner verison is that?  Mine looks nothing like that? 

There are currently 2 versions of the cruise planner.  My picture is from the new planner for my Harmony cruise.  My Explorer cruise still has the older version.  I’ll try to screenshot that one for you.

15 minutes ago, Pooch said:

And again, this option is WAAAAAAY down the bottom under the beverage tab.

Mines list.  Deluxe.  Deluxe and voom.  Refreshment.  Classic soda.  Classic soda and voom. And the last cafe select coffee card.  

but I’ve had nothing but problems with my planner and royal gifts paid since my booking. I have to call and wait on hold every time I want to change or cancel anything. 

but I do appreciate the help.  My app. Still shows a cruise I a,m not even on. And doesn’t show a cruise I’m taking in dec 

D2AE4B93-3B21-47D0-9375-09D0BAC21C30.jpeg

26B523CF-B295-4469-900C-63628D5162FF.png

7B2A3339-36C2-4884-AD0C-18DCC66DB5C8.jpeg

74D4D910-775A-4BFA-9999-5FF46218C5D7.png

225A2D82-B6A1-46D8-A702-0DCC4B3DDCD3.jpeg

29 minutes ago, Jim D said:

I know that’s what you said. But if you look at the pictures I just sent that’s all that’s on my page 

Have you tried using a laptop/desktop computer to access your Cruise Planner?  I know they're supposed to show the same info in theory, but we all know how Royal IT works out in the real world...

Screen Shot 2021-11-07 at 10.06.08 AM.png

8 minutes ago, USCG Teacher said:

Have you tried using a laptop/desktop computer to access your Cruise Planner?  I know they're supposed to show the same info in theory, but we all know how Royal IT works out in the real world...

Screen Shot 2021-11-07 at 10.06.08 AM.png

Phone. Tablet.  Laptop.  And it looks like you even have the new verison of the cruise planner.  I still have the old.   Like I said.  Anywhere I try to I can’t even access royal gifts as well. 

I appreciate all the help everyone. But at this point I’m just giving up.  Calling them is always a nightmare.  And so many things have been screwed up since I’ve booked.  I’m still waiting on 5 different refunds from RCL. So probably not going to fork over more money to them right now.  As I mentioned.  My app lists a cruise I’m not even taking as my second back to back.  So we will just have to wait until everything irons itself out.  

3 minutes ago, Pooch said:

C9FEE2C0-485C-47E9-A270-6223F1A68550.thumb.png.3282f691b88330156af7098bec1e110f.pngI don’t know how to circle or highlight the very bottom where NON-ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE is barely visible.  There SHOULD be more options below that and that’s where I find the water package in the old style cruise planner

Yes. My screen shots cut it off. The soda. And the soda plus voom. The refreshment package and the coffee are the only things listed under that subject heading