Covid Testing Changes Nov. 8 ?

deep1

Reading that travelers returning to or visiting USA are now required to test for that re entry starting Nov. 8. Specific 3 days for vaccinated 1 day  for non vaccinated. Seemed like it was geared toward  Airlines. I swung by a post someplace thats said "boats" were included as well. Anybody got a firm grip on what is???. 

22 minutes ago, deep1 said:

Reading that travelers returning to or visiting USA are now required to test for that re entry starting Nov. 8. Specific 3 days for vaccinated 1 day  for non vaccinated. Seemed like it was geared toward  Airlines. I swung by a post someplace thats said "boats" were included as well. Anybody got a firm grip on what is???. 

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/testing-international-air-travelers.html

49A1BFC7-DF7D-40EB-A02A-729ECDFA0CB7.jpeg

I found this, but only for Air travel:

COVID-19 Traveler Information (state.gov)

Updated Requirements for Air Travelers to the U.S. due to COVID-19

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has announced a new Order for all air passengers traveling to the United States. Effective November 8, 2021, all non-immigrant, non-citizen air travelers to the United States will be required to be fully vaccinated and to provide proof of vaccination status prior to boarding an airplane to the United States.

Exceptions to this policy will be extremely limited:

• children under 18
  • people medically unable to receive the vaccine
  • emergency travelers who do not have timely access to a vaccine

Humanitarian exemptions to this order will be granted on an extremely limited basis.

U.S. citizens and Legal Permanent Residents (LPRs) who are eligible to travel but are not fully vaccinated will need to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test one (1) day before their flight’s departure. U.S citizens and LPRs who are fully vaccinated will need to present airlines with proof of vaccination  and of a negative COVID-19 test three (3) days before their flight.

For additional information, please visit our FAQs for answers to questions about the requirement for proof of negative COVID-19 test or recovery from COVID-19 for all air passengers arriving in the United States.

The CDC recommends that you do not travel internationally until you are fully vaccinated. International travel poses additional risks, and even fully vaccinated travelers might be at increased risk for getting and possibly spreading some COVID-19 variants. Delay travel and stay home to protect yourself and others from COVID-19. If you do travel, follow all CDC recommendations before, during, and after travel.

I’m sailing on the Oasis on 12/5 when will we know the Covid protocols for December?  I’m assuming the same as November.  I order the Royal Emed tests for us to play it safe.  Also I’m sailing with a Marriott Vacation Club group, do you think I will be able to Royal Up?  I’m tried and it gives me a message that I had to wait within 30 days of the cruise.  I’ll try again.