On Board Entertainment

Mike T

Hi everyone...Rookie cruiser...Just went on our first one in October on Freedom out of Miami on the 3 night to CocoCay and Nassau.  We've been to several AI Resorts and just really enjoyed what was offered.  Yep, we're already looking again!   LOL!

Does anyone know how often they change up the nightly entertainment?  Are those acts/plays/musicians on board for a month, 6 months, year ?

I am asking because we are considering bringing our 15 and 17 year olds on that same 3 night cruise at the end of January to give them a taste and while it'd be great for my Wife and I to see/enjoy some new stuff,  it's not a deterrent to booking it again.

Here is the fleet guide for entertainment:

https://secure.viewer.zmags.com/publication/8d5cc72f#/8d5cc72f/1

These are the core shows that don’t change very often.  The other acts as @wordell1 mentioned will rotate between ships.  Entertainers like comedians change very frequently.  Others like pub singers may stay for a month or more.  

On the Anthem….(November 8 sailing)

The Broadway show ‘We Will Rock You’ is being performed on one day…a matinee and an evening show. 
The production show ‘The Gift’ is not being offered. 
Spectra’s Cabaret is performed several times. 
The show ‘Frankie and the Dreamers’, along with a stand-up comic and a comedy juggler perform in the Royal Theater…and the show ‘Beatles Celebration’ perform at Two70. 
Of course there are the singers and bands in Boleros, the Music Hall, the pub and the Schooner Bar…the ‘70’s Disco Inferno’ Party and the ‘Hush! Silent Party’ at Two70. For the late nighters, there’s the night club with DJ Big J starting at 12:15am in the Music Hall. Movies in the theater, in Two70 and poolside. Lots of choices.

On 11/6/2021 at 7:32 AM, twangster said:

Here is the fleet guide for entertainment:

https://secure.viewer.zmags.com/publication/8d5cc72f#/8d5cc72f/1

These are the core shows that don’t change very often.  The other acts as @wordell1 mentioned will rotate between ships.  Entertainers like comedians change very frequently.  Others like pub singers may stay for a month or more.  

Thanks as always @twangster bot for the helpful info

FYI...on the Anthem. It was just announced last night that the main shows 'Spectras Cabaret' and 'We Will Rock You' have been canceled for this cruise due to a lack of available production personnel. Hmmmm...I also see that the Anthem's status has been changed to 'yellow' on the CDC website, showing an uptick of cases onboard. I hope they're not connected. I'll see what happens next cruise.

On 11/12/2021 at 10:00 AM, BrianB said:

FYI...on the Anthem. It was just announced last night that the main shows 'Spectras Cabaret' and 'We Will Rock You' have been canceled for this cruise due to a lack of available production personnel. Hmmmm...I also see that the Anthem's status has been changed to 'yellow' on the CDC website, showing an uptick of cases onboard. I hope they're not connected. I'll see what happens next cruise.

Well, crap. We’re cruising Anthem on 5 December. Hope this clears up!

Okay…second week of my b2b on the Anthem. Again, the announcement that both production shows…Spectra’s Cabaret and We Will Rock You are canceled for this cruise. Information is that some of the cast members had reported minor symptoms and they decided to play it safe and to quarantine all of them. I don’t have any info if any tested positive…but I was assured that they are all feeling great and the ones who originally had symptoms have cleared up already. Of course, everyone is fully vaccinated. This, too, shall pass.