Refreshment package with alcoholic drinks

Shay

Hello,

If I have the refreshment drink package and I want to order a Pina colada, would I pay the difference between the cost of a mocktail and traditional Pina colada or will I be charged the full price of the Pina Colada? 

I heard you can pay the difference between speciality drinks when you have the deluxe package and I wanted to know if it worked with the refreshment package too.

🧐 this must be investigated further. I think you may be on to something.

My guess is you could pay the full price of the associated liquor (rum, tequila, gin, etc) that you want with your mocktail, which run about $8 each based on the liquor prices in Matt's blog post here.

You'd probably end up with some unhappy and confused bartenders trying to order drinks this way as well. But I guess nothing is stopping you from ordering the two separately and mixing them yourself 🤣

Cruiser: "I'd like to order a Pina Colada mocktail and a shot of rum. Oh, and can you mix the rum in the mocktail, please?"

Yes. Order a virgin drink with the shot on the side and you'll just pay for the shot. Sometimes they will mix it in for you if you ask, but you need to make sure they understand what you are trying to accomplish with respect to using your package and paying the difference. You can't walk up and order a pina colada and expect it to be charged any other way than for a menu priced pina colada unless they know.

We are going on Liberty on Dec 5th, 2021 and are looking at the drink packages.  Can someone tell us the cost of a shot and also do RCCL still have daily cocktails on special?  This seems to be top secret.  If they do have specials,  what are the prices?  Thanks and happy cruising.

Karen

@teddy I hope you have an amazing sailing. Would you be so kind as to inquire as to the cost of a shot of rum? I'm as interested as @Karen B. We almost always just get the refreshment package because we just don't drink that much alcohol, and when we did get a frozen drink on the island we just ordered it paying full price, this is a great idea!  Thanks so much!