Mobility Scooter on Coco Cay

I will be cruising with a mobility scooter for the first time on my upcoming cruise.  

Has anyone seen cruisers on scooters in Coco Cay?  I am fully aware that they cannot traverse sand, but it looks like there are walkways between areas that could indeed handle a scooter. (On the videos I have seen, at least)  I can walk short distances ... such as from the walkways across sand  to a lounger,  so I was thinking it would be ideal if I could use my scooter between areas on the island.  I would have to tuck it out of the way to "park" it so that it would not get in anyone else's way - good etiquette for sure.

For anyone who has been on Coco Cay, does this sound doable? Have you ever seen this before?  I understand there are trams but I am worried about the amount of walking I would have to do after getting off the tram and the standing that might be needed to wait for a tram.

I will appreciate any thoughts or experiences with this topic.  🚢.  

4 minutes ago, Patt Whitmore said:

I will be cruising with a mobility scooter for the first time on my upcoming cruise.  

Has anyone seen cruisers on scooters in Coco Cay?  I am fully aware that they cannot traverse sand, but it looks like there are walkways between areas that could indeed handle a scooter. (On the videos I have seen, at least)  I can walk short distances ... such as from the walkways across sand  to a lounger,  so I was thinking it would be ideal if I could use my scooter between areas on the island.  I would have to tuck it out of the way to "park" it so that it would not get in anyone else's way - good etiquette for sure.

For anyone who has been on Coco Cay, does this sound doable? Have you ever seen this before?  I understand there are trams but I am worried about the amount of walking I would have to do after getting off the tram and the standing that might be needed to wait for a tram.

I will appreciate any thoughts or experiences with this topic.  🚢.  

We were there in August and had a family member who uses a wheel chair much like you and the scooter.  We were able to get off the ship push her chair along the paved walkways and then used a "beach wheelchair" for in the sand when the distance was too far for her to walk.  Royal was really helpful on the island making sure we were taken care of, so I bet you won't have any issues.