Handicapped/Disabled Cruisers??

Glrynote

I have questions about traveling with my husband who uses an electronic scooter to get around.  Is there a blog or specific information online that offers info regarding excursions?  Specifically whether handicapped cruisers will be able to get on boats when the ship has to be anchored a ways from the port?

Thanks.

43 minutes ago, Glrynote said:

I have questions about traveling with my husband who uses an electronic scooter to get around.  Is there a blog or specific information online that offers info regarding excursions?  Specifically whether handicapped cruisers will be able to get on boats when the ship has to be anchored a ways from the port?

Thanks.

If you haven't yet, you should fill out the form at the link below.  It will assist Royal in knowing what your needs are and how they can best accommodate them.  I use the form for my CPAP and and other family have used it for when bringing accessibility equipment onboard.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/resources/guest-special-needs

With the RC excursions they are quite good at detailing if a particular excursion is suitable for scooters/ partial mobility, fully accessible or full mobile. I recently cruised with my mum who took her scooter on excursions to Rome and Pompeii. Generally they were accessible for the scooters, I just had to give her shove up the coach stairs!

As well as cruising with my mum and her mobility scooter, I’ve also cruised with the father in law who is a full-time wheelchair user, so happy to help with any other accessible cruising quest you may have.