Cruise Compass "Hack"

"Can someone send me a Cruise Compass from XYZ of the Seas?  I am going on the ship next week and I want to do some detailed planning".

This request comes up multiple times each month.  As a Cruise Planning Addict I know exactly what they are going through.  I have the "Cruise Compass" tab on the Royal Caribbean Blog as a favourite on my browser.  Last month, I stumbled on a "hack".  I hope my brothers and sisters of the "Order of Overly Organized" [OoOO] enjoy this one.

I use the Royal Caribbean phone APP that lists all of future cruises I have. Then I:

1. Go to the bottom of the start up screen (it lists all of our future cruises) and press the "Get more details on ships we support" tab at the very bottom.
  2. Find your ship that you will sail on ... I know all of them are not there but 23 of them are!.
  3. Select the ship you will be sailing on.
  4. Find a sailing date similar to the one you will sail on (you might have to do some digging on the Royal Website to find a similar one).  I choose the one that is sailing currently or as close to today as possible.
  5. Press Daily Planner and ALL of the On Line Cruise Compasses are available for you to view.

I am looking at DAY 1 of Independance of the Seas for the NOV 01 to NOV 05 sailing right now.  I know there will be these events on these days:

DAY 1: 8:00PM Headliner Showtime (in this case Nate Weatherup) ... this was in the past.

DAY 2: 9:15PM Ice Spectaclar: Freeze Frame! (V) ... this has not even happened yet (it is 7:49PM in Montreal right now).

DAY 3: 3:30PM Name That 80's Tune Trivia (V) in the Schooner Bar

I think you get my gist. 

It is an absolute Disney World for members of the OoOO.  It is not as nicely laid out as "real" Cruise Planners', but it will definitely scratch that itch for all my brothers and sisters of the OoOO.

I hope this helps,

Curt from Canada

This is great! I had the show schedule for Symphony for the week before we sailed but low and behold, it changed. Not drastically but enough to make me shuffle some dinner reservations and shows. 

I like “a plan.” Especially on the big ships. Just dinner and shows though. Too many people get shut out because they waited too long. I don’t want to be “that” person. 😂

6 minutes ago, Jill said:

This is great! I had the show schedule for Symphony for the week before we sailed but low and behold, it changed. Not drastically but enough to make me shuffle some dinner reservations and shows. 

I like “a plan.” Especially on the big ships. Just dinner and shows though. Too many people get shut out because they waited too long. I don’t want to be “that” person. 😂

Glad to have helped.  However, be careful as you travel down the rabbit's hole.  I once spent almost 3 hours preparing for 3 future cruises.  I now know how Alice felt.

Are there others outnthere that schedule each and every Martini they drink each and every day?

😉

Curt from Canada

11 minutes ago, Pooch said:

Will be on Harmony in March so I tried your hack.  3 different dates in November with no entertainment options available yet.  I will keep looking though!

Yes ... you are correct.  The closer you get to your sail date the more accurate it becomes.  I start looking one month out at sailing with the same itinerary.

Curt from Canada

38 minutes ago, Jill said:

I’m on the third sailing of Wonder so I won’t have too much time beforehand to plan. Hopefully it’s pretty much like the other oasis class schedules

I usually upload all the Cruise Planners and other handouts a day or two after a cruise.  Just watch out for the Wonder's in the Cruise Compasses section of this blog/boards.

Since it's a new ship, many might be live-blogging it... maybe even @Matt.

I might start a thread for daily uploads of the Cruise Planners.