Past Final Payment

NancyL2648

13 minutes ago, NancyL2648 said:

Past final payment for my January 30, 2022 cruise on the Oasis.  I noticed my cabin is now about $1500 less....Is it possible to get the difference refunded at this point?

Yes!  under the Best price guarantee, you can get the difference as OBC for your cruise.  You will need to have your TA contact Royal or do it yourself if you did not use a TA.  Once the OBC is in your cruise planner, you can then cancel and re-buy items to use up the credits.  As you cancel items, the money would be refunded to your original form of payment.  

my in-laws were about to do this on a cruise we did in August.

7 minutes ago, BrianB said:

@NancyL2648  Check to make sure…but I believe final payment dates have been changed to 30 days prior to your cruise. So your final payment date should be the end of Dec… Even if you paid in full already, you should still get a refund to your credit card.

Yes.  I am booked on this cruise and have not yet had to make final payment 

36 minutes ago, BrianB said:

@NancyL2648  Check to make sure…but I believe final payment dates have been changed to 30 days prior to your cruise. So your final payment date should be the end of Dec… Even if you paid in full already, you should still get a refund to your credit card.

I have a cruise Jan. 31st, and my final pymt is due Jan. 1st.

On 11/2/2021 at 6:11 PM, BrianB said:

Yes I had a cruise I paid off a week or 2 early, then they came up with the 30 days before sailing final payment plan now in effect, my price went down, TA repriced and sent a voucher showing a Negative balance,  My Credit card received a refund about 7-10 days later.

On 11/2/2021 at 7:11 PM, BrianB said:

I guess that means less t-shirts and booze.

I just called customer service to take advantage of the best price guarantee and after being on the hold for nearly 2 hours, my call was disconnected. This was after the rep told me I wasn't eligible for a reduction because it was past my final due date. To which I responded, the promotion is listed on your website and I and my cruise is eligible 😣

I don't have the energy to call back now...I just sent a message...any advice? 

12 minutes ago, Shay said:

I just called customer service to take advantage of the best price guarantee and after being on the hold for nearly 2 hours, my call was disconnected. This was after the rep told me I wasn't eligible for a reduction because it was past my final due date. To which I responded, the promotion is listed on your website and I and my cruise is eligible 😣

I don't have the energy to call back now...I just sent a message...any advice? 

Call Crown and Anchor at (800) 526-9723.  They have regular office hours more or less, but are more seasoned agents generally speaking.