How rigid are the check-in times for Embarkation?

gugenheimz

We had a 12pm time for Freedom last week. We arrived at 11:15am and were allowed into the terminal. We were then processed and went thru security at 11:30am. After that we went up the escalators and were seated spaced out from other parties. Around 11:40am after suite passengers were allowed to board then allowed seated sections get up and board. We were on board at 11:50am, I would only assume they allowed this because we were the first at 12pm to board. 

1 hour ago, Acarp04 said:

How can you get the earliest check in time? Looking to start our cruise as soon as we can.

when you know the day check-in opens you can check-in at 12:01 AM that day, eastern time.  I am Mountain time and can check in after 10pm the night before.

At Port Canaveral they have adjusted the rope matrix outside. 

There are now a series of queues labelled for various time slots.  Those will be opened that will then lead into the rope zig-zag course for entry into the terminal.  

I arrived 10 minutes after my noon arrival time so I went right into the zig-zag rope course.

Still no Suites/Pinnacle queue or entrance at Port Canaveral.

3 hours ago, levib2 said:

A friend of mine who changed her cabin was told by RC that it's fine to get there early!

Our check-in time today is noon.  We plan on getting there at noon. 

We came from Maine.  We had a plan in place so we wouldn’t show up early before we even left. 

I would stick to your assigned boarding time. I would like try to get there too early or too late as things have changed. I have a 1pm boarding time on the Anthem OTS. I plan on getting to the parking deck a little bit earlier than my boarding time to ensure were are being processed at 1. 

On 11/2/2021 at 4:08 PM, SpeedNoodles said:

No, they will not let you in early. Just show up at your assigned time. 

‘Unless you have “The Key”, then they’ll let you board between 11am and 11:30am no matter what your scheduled time is ….. but if you miss that 30 minute window, then I think you have to wait until your scheduled time.

We had a noon checkin time for Freedom today. 

Traffic wasn’t bad so we ended up at the terminal at 1150.  We had time to give our bags to the porters then we were told we could go right in the terminal (after a showing vaccine card and test results).   We were onboard less than 10 minutes later  

3 minutes ago, teddy said:

We had a noon checkin time for Freedom today. 

Traffic wasn’t bad so we ended up at the terminal at 1150.  We had time to give our bags to the porters then we were told we could go right in the terminal (after a showing vaccine card and test results).   We were onboard less than 10 minutes later  

Happy Sailing!!!

I asked Royal about the lack of a Suites entrance at Port Canaveral.

Response:

Good afternoon and thank you for your email.

You raised a good question, and we immediately connected with the team overseeing our cruise terminal operations. With new protocols in place and with the Terminal only having one entrance in Port Canaveral, it was difficult to operate as we did in normal times with a dedicated line of security for Suite guests and Pinnacle members. The good news is that the team has been working on changing the flow, and we will be reverting to our normal paths very soon. Once again, we appreciate your loyalty over the years and for being amongst the first to sail back with us.

4 hours ago, teddy said:

Our check-in time today is noon.  We plan on getting there at noon. 

We came from Maine.  We had a plan in place so we wouldn’t show up early before we even left. 

Fellow Mainer here (though maybe we've already discussed that!? 🙂)! We sailed Freedom back on Sept 20th and loved it! Have fun and happy sailing!

2 hours ago, ChrisK2793 said:

‘Unless you have “The Key”, then they’ll let you board between 11am and 11:30am no matter what your scheduled time is ….. but if you miss that 30 minute window, then I think you have to wait until your scheduled time.

Not all Keys are equal. Different ships and different ports have their own way of doing things. A lot of that is based on what’s the best way to handle the amount of passengers going through the specific structure to get them aboard as efficiently as possible. My Key description for Bayonne on the Anthem is a dedicated entryway…but I still must arrive at my assigned time. I know some other ports have the early arrival option and I hope as cruising progresses back to normal things will get better. Fingers crossed!

We showed up for Symphony at our assigned time at PortMiami there was no line no wait we checked our bags and were on the ship in 25 minutes perhaps less.  

But there were people in line a very long line I’m assuming those people probably showed up before their assigned check-in time and were forced to wait OUTSIDE on their feet.  If you can move your check-in time up then do it, however if you can not I would suggest you NOT show up before your assigned check-in time because at least at PortMiami they are not playing and will make wait outside until your time.

we did a last minute booking for Odyssey on 11/28.  Only check in time available was 3pm 😞  

will keep checking to see if something earlier opens up, but pretty bummed about it.  Not sure what we will do once the hotel kicks us out.  Maybe grab lunch then join the cattle call outside?  Will miss my traditional lunch on board to get my cruise started.