Parking Bayonne

Hi all,

I searched the archives and didn't see this topic - my apologies if it's been covered. Any advice on parking at or near the port in Bayonne for our upcoming (March) Anthem cruise? Is it best to use their parking? Is there a convenient and/or cheaper option nearby? Thanks for any experiences you can share!

33 minutes ago, Shay said:

Parking at the port is $_25/day, which on a 7 nite cruise is about $175= too much. Can anyone recommend a safe parking option with a cheaper rate? 

Thanks in advance

I think someone posted on this blog previously that the fee went to $30 per day starting sometime in Oct. 

I'm no help with parking alternatives, I've only parked at the terminal. Good luck.

12 hours ago, fireclan said:

I think someone posted on this blog previously that the fee went to $30 per day starting sometime in Oct. 

I'm no help with parking alternatives, I've only parked at the terminal. Good luck.

Thanks! I sure hope the price hasn't increased. 

There was a secondary parking location but unfortunately it is listed as closed due to COVID with no reopening date.  They are correct the parking is right next to the port and when we were there in Sept it was $25 per day.  You can see if any hotels in Newark area will allow parking and then Uber over.  I joked that we should just park at the apartments next to the port and Uber over.  We drove around and there isn't designated parking or passes for the ones we went through! LOL  Unfortunately all of my family has left Bayonne so I no longer have free parking. 😞

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, WannaCruise said:

Does parking at the port ever run out of spots?  Or that's not a worry?  i.e. wondering if we need a backup location if we drive

The parking garage is multi-level…plus, there is a parking lot just across the street in the event there is an overflow, but I’ve yet to see it used. So…plenty of parking!

14 hours ago, WannaCruise said:

Does parking at the port ever run out of spots?  Or that's not a worry?  i.e. wondering if we need a backup location if we drive

Their website states parking is guaranteed. After cruising from there multiple times, finding a parking spot has never been an issue.

On 11/17/2021 at 7:41 PM, WannaCruise said:

No - besides the garage, there is an outdoor lot that used to be the only parking before the garage.  There is also Celebrity ships that sail from the same port, and the parking is enough to accommodate passengers from the Summit (smaller ship) along with Anthem (larger ship).  So until Celebrity sends Summit back next late spring, there is extra parking.

On 11/2/2021 at 1:02 PM, Matt said:

I always park at the port, especially Bayonne because of how isolated the port is.

They built a new garage and it's great.

hello. I am new here. I am unable to message anybody as there is a URL request. The message field simply won't populate.  My question is to offsite parking. There used to be one on 69 Hook rd. It's closed until further notice.  Bayonne terminal now charges $25 US a day. We are Canadians, so the exchange kills us.  Can you explain how the terminal parking works?  drop off your bags and park?  Whats the procedure at disembark ?  Drag you bags to parking?  how far is the walk?   

15 minutes ago, Edmund said:

Can you explain how the terminal parking works?  drop off your bags and park?  Whats the procedure at disembark ?  Drag you bags to parking?  how far is the walk?   

You drop off your bags with the port staff.  You drive your car about 150 yards to the parking garage and take a ticket.  You park.  You walk out of the garage and about 100 yards to the terminal.  Couldn't be easier.  If the garage is full, there is a lot across the street, same price.  

After the cruise you put your ticket in a machine and pay $25x#days.  You can either bring your bags to your car, or someone in the party can wait with the bags while someone else gets the car.  Load up the car.  Put the ticket in the machine on the way out.  Drive home.

On 11/24/2021 at 3:11 PM, BrianAlt said:

You drop off your bags with the port staff.  You drive your car about 150 yards to the parking garage and take a ticket.  You park.  You walk out of the garage and about 100 yards to the terminal.  Couldn't be easier.  If the garage is full, there is a lot across the street, same price.  

After the cruise you put your ticket in a machine and pay $25x#days.  You can either bring your bags to your car, or someone in the party can wait with the bags while someone else gets the car.  Load up the car.  Put the ticket in the machine on the way out.  Drive home.

Hi!  Does this mean there are no porters to assist with the bags to the car?   TIA

@Edmund I have driven from the Canadian side of Niagara Falls. Even with the exchange(I think I paid somewhere around $1USD=$1.40CAD), it is well worth the price. Considering airfare if you fly in / transfers from airport to terminal.

What I found amazing was doing the self-disembarkation(with my luggage), I left the ship around 7am was through the terminal and back in my car around 7:30-7:45am. On the road and back in Canada around 3pm.

Recently priced airfare (for 3)from Toronto to Newark, with taxes, over $1000. Had to do it this time as I was unable to take off time from work to accommodate a drive down. Plus wasn't sure the land border would be open in time for my Dec 12 Cruise.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/2/2021 at 9:03 PM, JJBones said:

@Edmund I have driven from the Canadian side of Niagara Falls. Even with the exchange(I think I paid somewhere around $1USD=$1.40CAD), it is well worth the price. Considering airfare if you fly in / transfers from airport to terminal.

What I found amazing was doing the self-disembarkation(with my luggage), I left the ship around 7am was through the terminal and back in my car around 7:30-7:45am. On the road and back in Canada around 3pm.

Recently priced airfare (for 3)from Toronto to Newark, with taxes, over $1000. Had to do it this time as I was unable to take off time from work to accommodate a drive down. Plus wasn't sure the land border would be open in time for my Dec 12 Cruise.

This is what we are doing for our next  cruise. Considering the 2 hour drive for us to Pearson airport, all of the waiting at the airport and delays etc can add up to 15 hours to get to Miami.

10 hours to drive to NJ and it sounds like a great spot to board a ship! 

• 6 months later...