COVID Testing locations in the USA for our foreign visitors.

steverk

I was looking around for a COVID test for an upcoming cruise.  I checked my local Kroger grocery store and found they do have testing. It can be reserved 14 days in advance, but costs $25 USD.  They appeared to have many locations that offered the testing and plenty of openings. In fact, I could have had my choice of appointments for this afternoon!

I paid extra close attention, and they did not ask for my insurance, home address or citizenship information. Therefore I think it would work for both US residents and foreigners.

Please note that Kroger operates under several brands throughout the United States.  Depending on the port you may have to book with a different sub brand.  Their brands include: Kroger, Harris Teeter, Dillons, Food 4 Less, Fred Meyer, Fry's, King Shoppers, QFC, Ralphs, Roundry's and Smiths.

Please note: I only checked on my local Kroger branded store.  YMMV, especially if you are using one of the sub-brands.

If anyone else knows of testing locations that will accept foreign residents, I'm sure our Canadian European and other foreign friends would appreciate it if you would leave that in the comments.

1 hour ago, Canadian-Cruiser said:

Untested Canadians or foreigners cannot enter the US. So to save expenses most would opt to use the same test for both purposes. 

Random thought....if i get test done in UK on at 1pm on the 1st of Dec and check in for cruise at 11am on the 3rd of dec in nyc then my paperwork will show i'm 46 hours since test was done, so im within the timescale. However there is a 5hr time difference to the UK so im actually 51 hrs since test was taken. 

14 minutes ago, Canadian-Cruiser said:

Use your best judgment but I think as long as one can satisfy the 3 days for entry to the US and 2 days prior to embarking on the cruise ship then one should be fine. They key is making it sync to satisfy both air and cruise requirements 

Just wondered if this could cause possible issues for people or actually work in their favour....im not cruising until March, got 2 days in NYC to celebrate St Patrick's day then fly down to PR for another 2 day before cruise so i can recover from St Patrick's day so i will need another test before boarding 

1 hour ago, Canadian-Cruiser said:

I think most Canadians who fly in a day prior to their embarkation will instead opt to get tested in their own one cities and provinces as keep in mind that CBP requires 72 hours test to enter the country while RCL requires 48 hrs so most of us would use the same test to enter the country and board the ship. Untested Canadians or foreigners cannot enter the US. So to save expenses most would opt to use the same test for both purposes. 

We generally fly 2 days prior to our cruise to safeguard against weather related delays plus our flights were booked when the entry and cruise testing requirements were both 3 days. It is highly unlikely I am going to be able to get a test in Canada that will work for both so I really appreciate @steverk and others passing along any recommendations.  We fly to MCO on Dec 17th, cruise on the 19th and am looking at testing options at the airport or Disney world.  

10 minutes ago, Canadian-Cruiser said:

Yes, this sounds accurate hence you'd need to locate a local area as others have said to test at plus pay any additional costs as a result.

PR Airport has testing for $110 , worst case scenario im stuck in a hotel for 10 days with a mini bar and sports channels on the TV lol 

3 minutes ago, Canadian-Cruiser said:

When is the trip? If its 2022 who knows things might change by then...

We are leaving Sydney on Monday Jan 3rd 22 with about 30 hours travelling time, getting into Miami at 10.30pm 3rd, staying at the hotel in the airport and then have a 10.30am flight via American Airlines flight to Barbados on the 4th. I am hoping that if I can manage a test Sunday afternoon around 4pm, that should be about 62 hours, so this should satisfy the US Gov, Delta, AA, & Barbados Gov. I will then need to find a testing location to get one for the cruise. Worse case I believe Miami airport do the tests. My biggest confusion is it seems everyone wants a different type of test. so trying to work out which test covers all? Oh, such a first world problem, lol