What does RC consider as fully vaccinated for kids?

SimonW

We are booked on a the Anthem next August sailing out of Southampton, UK.  My wife and I are both double vaccinated and our 13 year old daughter has had a single jab.  In the UK 12-15 year olds are only eligible for a single jab at present so its all she can have at the moment.

I know next August is quite a way off and a lot of things can change in that time so I will keep checking.  But can anyone point me towards what RC considers to be fully vaccinated when it comes to kids?  

The definition of fully vaccinated is same for everyone, regardless of age.

Royal Caribbean guests age 12 and older must present proof of COVID-19 vaccination with the final dose of their vaccine administered at least 14 days before sailing.

I've just asked this question direct to Royal Caribbean as it's not clear as to what the US class as fully vaccinated for 12-16 year olds - I believe fully vaccinated in the US is two jabs but in the UK it is only one at present.  We also would like to travel next August but until I have an answer it feels too much uncertainty.

1 hour ago, AJohnson1970 said:

I've just asked this question direct to Royal Caribbean as it's not clear as to what the US class as fully vaccinated for 12-16 year olds - I believe fully vaccinated in the US is two jabs but in the UK it is only one at present.  We also would like to travel next August but until I have an answer it feels too much uncertainty.

Right now the definition of fully vaccinated is 14 days after gotten second shot of Pfizer or Moderna, or 14 days after 1 shot of J&J

4 minutes ago, infosec123 said:

Its going to be interesting, my DS turns 5 about 4.5 weeks before our B2B, have to see how Royal will approach these scenarios.

Royal has previously been absolute with the vaccination requirements, i.e. - no leeway or "grandfathering".  

My expectation is that they will continue with this approach should the vaccination age drop to 5 as a requirement to cruise.  

For the current 12 year old vaccination requirement:

Kids Who Are Turning 12

What if my child is turning 12 years old right before our cruise, or during our cruise, and cannot get vaccinated in time?

Any guest that is age 12 or older on boarding day must be fully vaccinated to sail. If your child’s 12th birthday is too close to boarding day to get fully vaccinated, we can move your cruise date to give you more time, or we can cancel your reservation for a full refund. Unfortunately, we cannot make any exceptions, as our port agreements expect that every vaccine-eligible guest onboard is fully vaccinated. If your child is 11 and turns 12 on Day 2 of the cruise or later, you’re in luck. Your 11 year old will be allowed to board the ship on embarkation day as long as they complete all COVID-19 testing requirements for unvaccinated children.