Regulating Cabanas at CocoCay

Cruzinfromsd

I getting a cabana at the Thrill park but am being told to ask my questions to an attendant upon arrival. The problem I have is that I don't want to be the one that forks out a grand and others from my group to find it and make my cabana their storage place or just hang out in it. Do they take any measures to keep out unwanted guests?

So RC said to wait until I check in with an attendant for the cabanas in the thrill park at CocoCay, but I've got concerns about unwanted guests just hanging out at my cabana or dropping their crap off when I'm the only one forking out the money for it. Does anyone one know what they do to regulate unwanted guests to a cabana?

19 hours ago, Cruzinfromsd said:

I getting a cabana at the Thrill park but am being told to ask my questions to an attendant upon arrival. The problem I have is that I don't want to be the one that forks out a grand and others from my group to find it and make my cabana their storage place or just hang out in it. Do they take any measures to keep out unwanted guests?

Hi @Cruzinfromsd. Welcome to the boards!

I'm asking just for clarification: Are you saying that the squaters will have already purchased the Thrill Waterpark Passes? Second, how many in your group will have permission to park at your cabana?

4 hours ago, Baked Alaska said:

Hi @Cruzinfromsd. Welcome to the boards!

I'm asking just for clarification: Are you saying that the squaters will have already purchased the Thrill Waterpark Passes? Second, how many in your group will have permission to park at your cabana?

There are 12 others travelling with us and only 4 in my immediate family will be in the cabana. There are 10 of the 12 that will be getting thrill park tickets but none of them wanted to pitch in for the cabana. 

6 hours ago, PG Cruiser said:

You can plan a "skit" with the cabana attendant telling people only guests who reserved the cabana can stay there.   Now unwanted guests turning your cabana into a storage area is another story.  You will need a "sequel" ha ha

Thats what I'm afraid of. The cabana is for my immediate family of 4 and we plan on using it for our storage & to relax. No one wanted to pitch in. My parents think I'm selfish for not allowing my cabana to be a storage place and trying to keep others out.

36 minutes ago, Sea Squirrel said:

We had some folks squatting behind our cabana at Labadee once. The attendant politely asked them to leave. I imagine they are used to it. 

Hopefully I'll get an attentive attendant, that will also know that if I wave back at or talk to someone not in the cabana it doesn't mean let them in. 

5 hours ago, Cruzinfromsd said:

There are 12 others travelling with us and only 4 in my immediate family will be in the cabana. There are 10 of the 12 that will be getting thrill park tickets but none of them wanted to pitch in for the cabana. 

Your situation is not normal, and not what the attendants are there for. 

I think its on you to tell the others that they aren't welcome.  If they come anyway, and you politely ask them to leave, that is when you would call for the attendants/security.  

13 hours ago, wordell1 said:

Your situation is not normal, and not what the attendants are there for. 

I think its on you to tell the others that they aren't welcome.  If they come anyway, and you politely ask them to leave, that is when you would call for the attendants/security.  

No it's not a normal situation I have told the others they are not welcome in the cabana but people don't listen and think cuz they are family they can still do whatever they want. I just want some kind of backup

22 hours ago, Sea Squirrel said:

We had some folks squatting behind our cabana at Labadee once. The attendant politely asked them to leave. I imagine they are used to it. 

Me and my wife had a couple actually come and sit in our cabana in Labadee, I was gone out for a swim and they were there when I returned. They were elderly so may have just needed a quick pit stop, I actually found it amusing and it didnt bother me at all lol.