Vaccination - "We are validating your record" from the Royal app

CruiseGus

just on my app and never saw this before.  Anyone think that Royal is themselves or through a 3rd party actually verifying the info on your vaccine card.  I'm not worried as mine is real, just have an inquisitive mind.

Screenshot_20211101-141514_Royal.thumb.jpg.c4feb294352ee352d92197131b2c7371.jpg

the follow on page if select the > symbol says "We'll post your status once we've finished validating your vaccination record"

Anyone else Notice this?

Note this isn't "verifying" the authenticity of the card's data itself, just validating that all the elements are there (ie name that matches the reservations, two entries on the card with a date, lot number, and something in the "provider/clinic" columns)

I'd be curious to know what the rationale is behind adding this. Are they having people show up with invalid cards or no cards at all and this is a way to weed them out?

Surely they'll still look at the cards at check-in, even if they don't have to take a photo. But maybe the photo process was taking enough time that it was slowing the lines as capacities have risen.

58 minutes ago, Neesa said:

Are they aiming for maximum stress before sailing? Do they really want us to sail? I totally don't feel warm and fuzzy about sailing with them as much anymore. Jump through all these hoops and MAYBE we will let you sail, smh....

Welcome to the world of sailing in 2021.  The cruise lines are between a rock and a hard place.  That's why everything is so challenging and changing so frequently.  

I've averaged one cruise per month since June.  I can assure you it is a great experience to sail with such empty ships.  However, it is very stressful to actually get on a ship! (The first two were real nail biters)

The best I can say is you have two choices: Put up with the stress and jump through the hoops, or wait an unknown amount of time until cruising returns to normal.

I'm sure that's not the answer you want, but it is reality in 2021.

1 hour ago, Neesa said:

Are they aiming for maximum stress before sailing? Do they really want us to sail? I totally don't feel warm and fuzzy about sailing with them as much anymore. Jump through all these hoops and MAYBE we will let you sail, smh....

I see this validation step as a positive thing.  I assume you would find out if there is a problem before you arrive.  For example, my in-laws had a small issue where thier CDC cards did not have the date visible on the card.  They have a sticket with some details and it apparently covered the date.  We had a few moments of panic while we pulled up thier vaccine records on our phones for proof but were able to board after that with no issues.  Had we been able to to upload our cards for that cruise, Royal could have let us know we need to see the dates and we could have figured it out at home and not in Miami.  

(Note:  the dates are on the cards and had we removed the cards from the protective cover we would have easily seen the date and breezed through.  We now know that for the next in early 2022!)

1 hour ago, Neesa said:

No they are not aiming for maximum stress before sailing, they are trying to reduce your stress level by having you take care of everything you need to do so once you arrive at the port it is smooth sailing right onto the ship.  My husband and I are onboard Symphony of the Seas right now as I type this.  We arrived at the port checked our bags and were on the ship in about 25 minutes if not less.  We did see people arrive at the port fully vaccinated but they didn’t have all their documentation in order and they were running around frantically trying to get things in order this included passengers who didn’t know they need a negative COVID test to board even though they were fully vaccinated.  Before arrival at the pier it does seem like Royal is trying to make this process as hard as they possibly can but once you arrive at the pier if you have crossed every T and dotted every I, it is smooth sailing right onto the ship without any delays and most importantly without any STRESS. 

Unfortunately until things go back to normal this is the new normal all cruise lines in the US have to deal with but you realize it is all worth it once you set foot on the ship. 

We uploaded our vaccination records into the app a few weeks back, but they no longer show in our app at all now . Definitely doesn’t say in progress. We sail 11/6. Of course we have photos of them and will have them with us. Even though we’ve had three vaccine doses and have been very careful to wear a mask on top of that, this whole testing process can be anxiety provoking. I’m sure many feel the same even though we all understand it is important.

I am nervous because I uploaded 5 out of 6 of our cards during the online check in but my daughters card will not let my upload and it keeps saying you have hit a snag. I have called royal carribbean 8 times and they have no answer. I DO NOT want to be one of those people running around frantic trying to figure out what is going on the day of sailing... we are sailing with 17 family members and this STRESSES me out!

I definitely have a bad taste in my mouth and I am hoping against hope things are smooth come our Thanksgiving Sail date.

It won't be an issue. They take photos of the vaccination cards when you board the ship if you haven't uploaded them. As long as you bring the original vaccination cards and they are completed fully (lot number, facility, date, type of vaccine, etc) there will be no issues.  You should be able to choose a check-in time without uploading the cards if you go through the app.

46 minutes ago, sarah Morris said:

I am nervous because I uploaded 5 out of 6 of our cards during the online check in but my daughters card will not let my upload and it keeps saying you have hit a snag. I have called royal carribbean 8 times and they have no answer. I DO NOT want to be one of those people running around frantic trying to figure out what is going on the day of sailing... we are sailing with 17 family members and this STRESSES me out!

I definitely have a bad taste in my mouth and I am hoping against hope things are smooth come our Thanksgiving Sail date.

This is what I did to conveniently present the required documents.  It took me less than a minute at each checkpoint

We sailed over the summer out of Nassau and I agree, it was easy to show all the required documentation (passport, covid vaccine card, set sail pass).  I do disagree with @Matt's article that my vaccination status has been in "review" for longer than 24-48 hours or RCL started this on Nov. 1 because I uploaded our vaccination cards back in August when I originally checked in and made sure they were there when I re-checked in after check-in was closed and re-opened about 30 days before sail date.

I'm not worried.  Cruising during these changing times requires you to be flexible and go with the flow.  Our summer Nassau cruise was the first to require indoor masks.  That change was made less than a week before our cruise.

I am more excited to cruise again in a couple of weeks!  🙂

2 hours ago, Fairlynew said:

It is stressful to get all of the documentation and tests together before the cruise.  On the other hand, once I got on board, I felt very safe-safer than I feel going to my office.

I agree all of the things we had to take care of before getting onboard actually lead to a much safer environment onboard. On Symphony of the Seas right now there are families with small children onboard but vast majority of adults around 99% that  I’ve seen all have the blue bracelet representing fully vaccinated.  In fact this cruise is the first time I’ve actually hugged people I don’t know or shook hands with complete strangers. I’ve taken quite a few land vacations since the pandemic but this is my first cruise since the pandemic and it actually feels like a normal cruise where people can relax and let their guard down and not really have to worry about COVID.  Strangers are interacting with each other not avoiding each other like we do in grocery stores… LOL!!!  

I’m trying to explain it I don’t think I’m doing a good job so my advise is simply this get on a cruise and experience it for your self.

4 hours ago, JasonOasis said:

Strangers are interacting with each other not avoiding each other like we do in grocery stores… LOL!!!  

I’m trying to explain it I don’t think I’m doing a good job so my advise is simply this get on a cruise and experience it for your self.

I totally understand what you are saying. However we didn't experience that on our cruise on Oct. 20 on Indy. Maybe it was us, I don't know. But looking forward to our cruise in Nov. on Adventure. Taking daughter and 2 granddaughters so at least we will have our little bubble.

5 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Just did my check in at midnight for Allure in December!  First time trying out this validating thing with our PDFs in Ontario (that is what I submitted at midnight).  Let's see how long it takes and fingers crossed I can actually get out dry dock soon!

What check-in time did you get? Do you think checking in early helped with your port check-in arrival time?

3 minutes ago, Baked Alaska said:

What check-in time did you get? Do you think checking in early helped with your port check-in arrival time?

11:00am!  And that was my thinking because I wasn't sure if there was only a certain amount of slot for a given check in time.  11:00-11:30am was the earliest and that is what we grabbed.  I just looked and my vaccine info has disappeared now as others have said would happen.

23 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Just did my check in at midnight for Allure in December!  First time trying out this validating thing with our PDFs in Ontario (that is what I submitted at midnight).  Let's see how long it takes and fingers crossed I can actually get out dry dock soon!

I think you will be sailing with my friends on the Allure.  December 19th, right?   I did their check-in at midnight last night and got them an 11AM arrival time as well.

5 minutes ago, twangster said:

I have the "Validating" hourglass for one upcoming cruise but the others show a check.  

Formality really.  I don't expect any issues since the same card has let me board nine cruises so far.

My validating is appearing again with the hourglass.  I am not concerned either since I was on a cruise this past summer.  About two weeks to go for me.  Can't wait!

53 minutes ago, twangster said:

I have the "Validating" hourglass for one upcoming cruise but the others show a check.  

Formality really.  I don't expect any issues since the same card has let me board nine cruises so far.

The worst that could happen would be an elderly lady agent with poor eyesight trying to get her awkwardly held tablet to take a picture of the vaccine card, right?

1 hour ago, twangster said:

You got her too?  What are the odds we'd get the same check in lady?

You know what's funny?   She was stationed at the last checkpoint, with the ship and ramp in view.   In my mind I was like, "C'mon Grandma, this cruise took 18 months to happen, you're killing the excitement here!"

Just finished submitting the info through the app. While doing so I noticed something. 5 people in our household, 3 vaccines from a center, 1 rite aid, 1 cvs. The rite aid and cvs cards have the final date filled out on the front of the card and the back. The 3 of us that went to the vaccine center only have info on front. I'm wondering if this will be an issue. I guess I'll find out in a few days, if its shown as validated or not. 

15 minutes ago, M&SDaw said:

Just finished submitting the info through the app. While doing so I noticed something. 5 people in our household, 3 vaccines from a center, 1 rite aid, 1 cvs. The rite aid and cvs cards have the final date filled out on the front of the card and the back. The 3 of us that went to the vaccine center only have info on front. I'm wondering if this will be an issue. I guess I'll find out in a few days, if its shown as validated or not. 

My vaccine card doesn't have anything written on the back and I have sailed twice already since cruising returned.

I don’t have the option to upload our vax cards on my upcoming B2B, but not going to stress about it. They took pictures of it at the port when I sailed in September so I assume they will do so again on Thursday when we check in. I am more stressed about all of us receiving negative covid tests on Tuesday than I am with the actual check in at port.