xSAILEDx Oasis of the Seas - January 30, 2022

Jolly Ogre

• 3 weeks later...

We just did a back to back on Freedom at the beginning of the month.  

Royal gave everyone who was staying onboard a Covid test on day 2 of the first cruise (a 3-day one…it’ll be on a different day for a longer cruise).  We also had to show our vaccination cards at this time. 

Around 930 am on turnaround day, we met in the lounge, got the muster drill spiel, got our new sea passes and new “vaccinated” bands, then went off the ship as a group, scanning our old sea passes as we got off. We went into the terminal and walked through the CBP face scanners. then reboarded using the new sea passes. 

Then we were back onboard and started the second cruise. 

We changed cabins, and our luggage was waiting for us inside the new cabin (we packed it ourselves). 

It was our second back to back, and we can’t wait to do more. 

We are on this cruise also. First time on an Oasis class ship. Looking forward to discovering new areas. Especially looking forward to seeing Cats. I saw it in Detroit's Fisher Theatre back in the 80's. It is my spouse's favorite musical and he has never seen it live.

What are the "must sees" on this ship, besides the obvious? We have cruised on Explorer, Indy, and Adventure.

I was waiting to see if anyone posted so that I might find some "must sees."   We were on the the Oasis just before the shut down and thoroughly enjoyed the aquatic show (probably in the obvious category).   The one must see that is probably not on everyone's radar was a Mariachi Band playing near the carousel one evening.  Several of the guest where dressed in traditional hispanic attire and danced with professional flare.  There was also a large group line dancing as well.  The band/dance was listed in the Compass calendar.  Also fun were the nightly (?) Karaoke sings in one of the bars.  Some participants were very good and many were not.

We were just on the Symphony and they had to cancel the aqua show and reschedule it to another day. Unfortunately it was during daylight hours so we don't know what we missed. Folks were saying how awesome it was and I was hoping it was as I remember seeing one on Allure, but during the day it was just kind of meh... just them jumping around... yawn!!.

On 12/8/2021 at 1:39 PM, Cruisin and Boozin said:

Just received the pre cruise star class questionnaire! We are getting so close. 53 days happy dance GIF

My husband, bff and her husband are staying in an Aquatheater Suite.  Waiting very (not) patiently for our genie assignment. lol  We do have   harmony Jan 2 with my 3 children and their bf's to tide us over until then!  This is my Bff's husband's first cruise.  He will be blown away!

2 hours ago, Cruisin and Boozin said:

@MLH Congrats! First cruise in star class will be amazing! He being blown  away is an understatement lol. We could have the same genie. We are on deck 17 this time around. We usually stay in the aqua suites but trying something new for this b2b.

I have stayed on the 17 side facing star loft.  I really did enjoy it being close to everything without the long walk back, but hey it works of calories.

2 hours ago, Cruisin and Boozin said:

@WAAAYTOOO Do you know if the two of you will be able to go on this one yet?🤞

Yes, we know.  The answer is “no”.  We have cancelled all cruises through the end of March 2022.  Our next cruise is Jewel out of Amsterdam in August 2022 followed by B2B TA/NE cruises on Voyager but I feel certain that those will be”no-go” as well.  At least the 2 European cruises, for sure.  Not sure about the one out of Boston.

😪😥

• AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Oasis of the Seas - January 30, 2022