Enchantment of the Seas, 23 December sailing closed

_Quinn_

Hi folks,

I was checking the Royal Caribbean website today to see if there were any price changes for my 23 December 2021 sailing on Enchantment of the Seas out of Baltimore. That sailing is no longer on the website (it's the first sailing after her return to service), and when I called Royal Caribbean, all categories were closed. I'm trying not to be pessimistic, but that doesn't seem like a good sign. I feel like even if it were completely sold out, it would still show on the website. And that's a mighty big if, considering that the 31 December sailing still has plenty of cabins available. Cruisemapper shows her in the Atlantic with a scheduled arrival at Port Everglades on 12 November, which seems like plenty of time for shakedown before heading to Baltimore.

I welcome your opinions, wild guesses and conspiracy theories.

In other news, I just returned from a five night sailing on Serenade of the Seas out of Tampa. I'm not much for live-blogging or writing reviews, but if you have any questions let me know.

Thanks,

Quinn

5 hours ago, _Quinn_ said:

Hi folks,

I was checking the Royal Caribbean website today to see if there were any price changes for my 23 December 2021 sailing on Enchantment of the Seas out of Baltimore. That sailing is no longer on the website (it's the first sailing after her return to service), and when I called Royal Caribbean, all categories were closed. I'm trying not to be pessimistic, but that doesn't seem like a good sign. I feel like even if it were completely sold out, it would still show on the website. And that's a mighty big if, considering that the 31 December sailing still has plenty of cabins available. Cruisemapper shows her in the Atlantic with a scheduled arrival at Port Everglades on 12 November, which seems like plenty of time for shakedown before heading to Baltimore.

I welcome your opinions, wild guesses and conspiracy theories.

In other news, I just returned from a five night sailing on Serenade of the Seas out of Tampa. I'm not much for live-blogging or writing reviews, but if you have any questions let me know.

Thanks,

Quinn

How did you like the Tampa cruise, Quinn?  

10 minutes ago, levib2 said:

How did you like the Tampa cruise, Quinn?  

Hi!

So I was really worried (I'm the designated worrier) that between Covid restrictions and reduced capacity that it wouldn't feel like a "real" cruise, but my wife and I had a fantastic time. It certainly felt less crowded than our other cruises, but it wasn't a ghost town by any means. I thought the Covid precautions were clearly stated and reasonable, but we generally don't take issue with wearing masks so may not be the best ones to ask.

My biggest complaint (and it's not big), is that there was no traditional seating in the MDR. When we got our SeaPasses they had "My Time Dining" printed on them. When we went to clear that up, we were told that everyone had My Time Dining. We were able to make reservations for the same time every night and had the same waiter, but he seemed a little overwhelmed by having so many tables at different stages of dinner. I know traditional dining is probably on its way out, but that's what we still prefer. We had reservations at Giovanni's Table for my wife's birthday, and then they offered us a discount for a second night so we took advantage of that (highly recommended). I wouldn't say that we were dissatisfied with the MDR, just that it seemed a little off.

If you need anything else, just let me know,

Quinn