Nassau beach break and sightseeing

Taylor2112

• 3 months later...

Do yourself a huge favor and stay far away from this turkey. You get a 30 minute narrated bus ride through the city then get dumped at a broken down club called the Poop Deck 2. You then get herded onto a small patch of sand and crowded into beach lounges for the next 3 hours before they come and drag you back to the port. It includes a lunch of chicken strips or fish wrap for lunch and they bring a drink menu around once. Not worth your time or money. 

• 3 months later...

Totally agree, do not choose this excursion!  That is exactly what happened to us in December 2021. Small beach with chairs almost on top of each other.  Everyone just looked around wondering what the heck we were doing there.  I didn't even realize the name of the place was Poop Deck 2 until we were leaving.

• 5 months later...

" BEACH BREAK AND SIGHTSEEING WITH LOCAL LUNCH" SHORE EXCURSION (RESTAURANT CALLED "POOP DECK"

This beach had so much seaweed that no one from the cruse line wanted to get into the water.  They had a random dog that was going up to people, but we hoped that the dog was vaccinated.  The fries with the meal was extremely cold.  Everyone on the trip had to stay in a designated area and could not take a stroll.  We were not happy with this place and  some of my money was given back from the cruise line.   

Edited by PJ White

• 2 weeks later...

I just did this tour and yes, it was a bus ride to the Poop Deck restaurant and beach.  If it's cheap it's not that bad.  I didn't mind the "sightseeing" as it was a nice drive from one end to the other and you got to see a lot of different areas of New Providence. 

The beach was nice, but the sun was not out the day we went.  It's relatively private.  Sure you share the beach with other tour people but it was quiet.  The water was cold in December. 

The food wasn't bad either, but you don't much options for the paid version.  you can pay extra for other options. They had chicken tenders with fries or the fish wrap with fries.  My only complaint here was they didn't bring the drinks til the food came out so you waited a bit.  

the wifi didn't work either when we were there, so bring a book or something to keep yourself busy, because it will become boring.  

I wouldn't do it again, but for a first timer, if it was below $50, do it.  

Otherwise just go to Junkanoo beach. It's free. 

On 12/28/2022 at 3:51 PM, D Alt said:

I just did this tour and yes, it was a bus ride to the Poop Deck restaurant and beach.  If it's cheap it's not that bad.  I didn't mind the "sightseeing" as it was a nice drive from one end to the other and you got to see a lot of different areas of New Providence. 

The beach was nice, but the sun was not out the day we went.  It's relatively private.  Sure you share the beach with other tour people but it was quiet.  The water was cold in December. 

The food wasn't bad either, but you don't much options for the paid version.  you can pay extra for other options. They had chicken tenders with fries or the fish wrap with fries.  My only complaint here was they didn't bring the drinks til the food came out so you waited a bit.  

the wifi didn't work either when we were there, so bring a book or something to keep yourself busy, because it will become boring.  

I wish I had seen this before I just signed up to do this excursion in 9 days.  Do you know what the name of the beach was and were there chairs available for free?  How long were you at the beach and would there be snorkeling there?  Any other ideas if I can get out of this one?  Thank you!

On 12/31/2022 at 11:04 AM, pezhudson said:

I wish I had seen this before I just signed up to do this excursion in 9 days.  Do you know what the name of the beach was and were there chairs available for free?  How long were you at the beach and would there be snorkeling there?  Any other ideas if I can get out of this one?  Thank you!

just cancel it.  the chairs were part of the package so yes, they're free.  i think the beach was called Sanders?  we were there a few hours.  no snorkeling. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2022 at 3:51 PM, D Alt said:

Can you snorkel from Junkanoo beach... if so, is there anything to see? lol