10 drink punch card

I have some details based on a conversation that I had on Symphony this September. Those drink cards were at the discretion of the beverage director on each ship and not a systematic "home office" plan.  I was told Symphony never or rarely did them and had no plans to sell them. I also got the feeling that they are not going to be as prevalent across the fleet.

My back story was that I purchased one the last day of my Empress trip right before the shut down with the bartender telling me that they are good for a year.  Well, on Symphony, I tried using it and was told they are not valld in that ship.  A trip to guest services to inquire why was met with typical great customer service and a deal was made. 😀

40 minutes ago, Irieman said:

I have some details based on a conversation that I had on Symphony this September. Those drink cards were at the discretion of the beverage director on each ship and not a systematic "home office" plan.  I was told Symphony never or rarely did them and had no plans to sell them. I also got the feeling that they are not going to be as prevalent across the fleet.

My back story was that I purchased one the last day of my Empress trip right before the shut down with the bartender telling me that they are good for a year.  Well, on Symphony, I tried using it and was told they are not valld in that ship.  A trip to guest services to inquire why was met with typical great customer service and a deal was made. 😀

Any time I purchased one I was told it was limited to that ship and that cruise only.  

You've done well if you negotiated something.

15 hours ago, twangster said:

Any time I purchased one I was told it was limited to that ship and that cruise only.  

You've done well if you negotiated something.

I was surprised that the offer was for a  year and that is what sold us on  it.  If the intent was that it was only good on Empress, she sailed just once more before she left the fleet. Honestly, we just asked for clarification and if anything could be done.  They took my number down and then I got a call from beverages asking that I use the card at just one bar and they would alert the staff.  I wouldn't call it great negotiating but more great customer service.  Needless to say, we made sure the bartenders we're well taken care of.