This doesn’t look like a balcony?

Micha12

Hello! Recently booked a cruise for independence of the seas and got talked into upgrading to a Spacious Ocean View Balcony room. My original room was just an ocean view on the lower decks but the price wasn’t much different so I decided to upgrade. I went on the website to see what the room would look like and the 3D tour that’s shown for the Spacious Ocean View Balcony room for Independence  doesn’t actually look like it has a balcony - just a window?? Please see image below. No sliding door. Just a window. Kind of annoyed because if there is no balcony then I might as well go back to my original room and pay less for the same thing. Can anyone let me know what I’m not understanding?? Thank you!!! 

FDAAAC4F-0E78-4516-B971-580B463D9A54.png

https://cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/decks.php?ship=Independence-of-the-Seas

To me, it looks like a misprint. I also see what you are seeing with the asterik "Spacious Ocean View Balcony*." There is either Spacious Ocean View (catagories 3M-4M,  ) or Spacious Balcony ( catagories 1B-4B, CB) which are mostly on the hump, and the Ultra Spacious Ocean View (catagory 1K).

The picture appears to be a cabin facing forward.  I don't believe the cabins that do this would have a balcony because of the wind issues you would have on the balcony.

I agree with the comments about checking it against the deck plans and also look at youtube to see if you can find a video tour of your room.

23 hours ago, Micha12 said:

Hello! Recently booked a cruise for independence of the seas and got talked into upgrading to a Spacious Ocean View Balcony room. My original room was just an ocean view on the lower decks but the price wasn’t much different so I decided to upgrade. I went on the website to see what the room would look like and the 3D tour that’s shown for the Spacious Ocean View Balcony room for Independence  doesn’t actually look like it has a balcony - just a window?? Please see image below. No sliding door. Just a window. Kind of annoyed because if there is no balcony then I might as well go back to my original room and pay less for the same thing. Can anyone let me know what I’m not understanding?? Thank you!!! 

Royal's website is only going to show a generic cabin in a general category.  Please post your actual cabin number so we can help you figure it out.

22 minutes ago, wozswoman said:

Photo tour of Category 6B Spacious Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony on Independence of the Seas | Royal Caribbean Blog 

See if this will help you.  This is exactly what my spacious oceanview balcony on Oasis looked like except the bed and couch were reversed. 

This is nice. I didn't see this on cruisedeckplans.com. this is a nice upgrade!