Time to Test for Side-to-Side?

IRMO12HD

I'll be disembarking Freedom on a Friday, and boarding Oasis on Sunday -- both in Miami.  I know that Royal states that they will give me a test onboard Freedom ("All guests 2 years of age and older, regardless of vaccination status, are required to take a COVID-19 test producing negative results between each sailing. This test will be administered by Royal Caribbean at no expense to the guest, as long as your consecutive cruises are less than 3 days apart."), but it sounds as though most people doing a B2B have been getting the test the day before disembarking.  Has anyone done the testing for a S2S with a day's gap between sailings?  I'm assuming I'll be able to schedule the test for the day I disembark (probably at o'dark 30, but that's fine!).

On 10/31/2021 at 6:16 AM, Matt said:

I'm not certain, but I'd have a back up plan.  Either an at-home test you bring with you to do use at the hotel, or schedule CVS appointment 13 days before you need it. 

Also, Royal Caribbean offers terminal testing as a backup option if you book it 24 hours in advance

Thanks; I'll have Plan A (local COVID test at CVS or Walgreens), Plan B (local COVID test at MedRite Urgent Care), and Plan C (my (hopefully fully functional and equipped) RCL-approved Optum/Binax test kit(s).  Hopefully those are enough alternative plans 🙂

Not sure the ships test will work with the new 2 day requirement. If they tested you on Friday you would be OK but they will test you on Thursday...so you will not qualify unless they have a special exemption for B2B. (Maybe you will be able to get a test that morning before you disembark...but I would doubt it....)

We leave the Oasis on Dec 12th and fly to LA to board the Navigator on the 13th...but because our first cruise on the Navigator is only 3 days I think they don't require a Covid test to board....I think we will ask to a test on Oasis just in case.

6 minutes ago, Rob&Ana said:

Not sure the ships test will work with the new 2 day requirement. If they tested you on Friday you would be OK but they will test you on Thursday...so you will not qualify unless they have a special exemption for B2B. (Maybe you will be able to get a test that morning before you disembark...but I would doubt it....)

We leave the Oasis on Dec 12th and fly to LA to board the Navigator on the 13th...but because our first cruise on the Navigator is only 3 days I think they don't require a Covid test to board....I think we will ask to a test on Oasis just in case.

I would double check the testing requirements, I think everyone needs to be tested regardless of cruise length.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center/getting-ready-to-cruise

9D011E43-7A73-409D-AC1B-B4CD8B79909C.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Reigert2008 said:

I would double check the testing requirements, I think everyone needs to be tested regardless of cruise length.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center/getting-ready-to-cruise

9D011E43-7A73-409D-AC1B-B4CD8B79909C.jpeg

Yes I was under the impression that the testing is for every cruise. Not sure where I saw the that 3 day cruises did not require it....

Royal offer the test free so we were going to get it anyways just in case.