Digital photo package purchase onboard - when did you get email delivery?

We just got off Odyssey on 10/23 and purchased a photo package with 50 digital files. When we purchased, they said 3-7 days for the delivery email, and still haven't received anything yet (tomorrow will be 7 days post-cruise). Has anyone purchased photos this way and how long until you actual got them in your email???

Sincerely,

A momma of 2 littles who spent too much money on pictures because she didn't think her kids would actually let a photographer take their pictures, but then ended up with an obnoxious number of adorable kid portraits because apparently the kids loved all the attention they got from the photographers and bystanders.

Even worse situation here, I'm sorry to say.

Wife & I were on Liberty of the Seas Oct 10-17 and also ordered the 50 photo package. Three calls to customer service so far. On the 1st one, the CSR sent an email to the photo group and we were to expect an email response. (That call may have taken place after 5pm Eastern.)

After 7 business days passed since getting off the ship & no email, she called again. She was informed that the expected email delivery is now up to 10 business days post-cruise. Still nothing after that time. She called again at the 11th business day mark and told if she doesn't have something by this Thursday to call again.

Customer service folks that answered the phone were pleasant and seemed to be trying to be helpful. But whoever is actually taking care of the photography now is definitely dropping the ball. In the past, we had no problems.

Hope to report a good news resolution tomorrow!

I learned my lesson, tho. Shoulda done whatever necessary to download the pics while still on the ship.

1 hour ago, TexDog said:

I learned my lesson, tho. Shoulda done whatever necessary to download the pics while still on the ship.

There doesn't seem to be a very good way to download them on the ship.  At least on an iPhone.  You just get a webpage and you have to click on every single photo, download it, and then hit save to photos.  So you would need to do this 50 or 100 times, depending on the package.  It's not the speediest website either.

Thanks for all the replies. I'm still so frustrated that this is taking so long. We are now 11 days post-cruise (8 business days) and still haven't received anything. I was on the phone with a C&A rep for something else and asked about this issue and she recommended I reach out directly to royalfocus@rccl.com, which is the photo people. Sent an email as soon as I got off the phone with her, and haven't heard a peep back yet. Here's the response I got from the normal RC Customer Service after emailing them about the photos too:

"I see that you have emailed our RoyalFocus inbox to discuss the missing link. I'm happy to say, this puts you a step ahead already. Please accept my apologies for the link not being sent. We did have a small glitch that is causing a slight delay. Our photo team will get the link to you right away. Thank you for your patience."

A follow up email asking on a timeframe for receiving the photos was met with the standard "7-10 business days."

At this point, I'm starting to get worried about never receiving my pictures. Please keep us posted if anyone starts receiving their photos soon!

Glad to see that you had no-probs, @CrimsonCruiser! That's much more like what I experienced before.

Unfortunately, still no joy for us.

My wife called again yesterday and the end result was that we're to wait & see if we get the download link over the next 7-10 business days.

I also submitted a message yesterday via the form @ https://www.royalcaribbean.com/contactus. No email back other than the automated confirmation about the submission.

Today is the 15th business day since disembarking. ☹️

6 hours ago, Needarealvacation said:

How much are they selling the individual photos for?

I think they were like $20ish to buy an individual photo. We purchased the 50-photo package on the last day and paid around $180, after our diamond C&A discount. So your price of $135 for 100 is a much better price than our was on the last day! 

This morning I get an email from RoyalFocus@rccl.com stating they have contacted the ship and to expect a link to my photos shortly.

Hoping shortly is soon.

Thank you for reaching out regarding the photos from your most recent cruise with us.

We have made contact with the ship and will send your photo link shortly.

Thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean.

Best regards,

2 hours ago, Maddog said:

This morning I get an email from RoyalFocus@rccl.com stating they have contacted the ship and to expect a link to my photos shortly.

Hoping shortly is soon.

Thank you for reaching out regarding the photos from your most recent cruise with us.

We have made contact with the ship and will send your photo link shortly.

Thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean.

Best regards,

I got the same email last night.....not holding my breath.....

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2023 at 11:40 AM, Jennifer Jones said:

Need assistance with photo book and waited over an hour on hold and then disconnected.   How can I get someone to call me back. 

Unfortunately, once on land, you have to deal with the 3rd party Royal uses for their photo delivery. I don't remember who it is but I think historically they aren't the greatest.