Classic Soda Package Question

teddy

No need for the cup except for use in the Freestyle machine.

Normally the soda will be from the fountain or some cases a 2 liter bottle. For varieties that might be can only they might only fill a glass and not hand over the can.

If something is available fountain or 2 liter they typically won't use the canned version.

6 minutes ago, CGTLH said:

No need for the cup except for use in the Freestyle machine.

Normally the soda will be from the fountain or some cases a 2 liter bottle. For varieties that might be can only they might only fill a glass and not hand over the can.

If something is available fountain or 2 liter they typically won't use the canned version.

Thank you very much.  🙂

48 minutes ago, Sea Squirrel said:

We actually never use the package souvenir cup. I believe the only place you may need the cup is when using a Coke Freestyle machine. We just go to any bar and ask for a soda but I don’t recall ever getting soda in a can, only fountain. 

Thank you!!  🙂

1 hour ago, PG Cruiser said:

With a beverage package, I could always sense the crews' hesitation to hand over canned soda. The only time I get it is at the MDR.

Is it just me or is the fountain soda on ships bad... the flavor is off?

YES !  The fountain soda onboard is terrible.  It always seems flat to me.  

Interesting info about the fountain soda taste  

I’ve always found it to be hit or miss everywhere, but I’ve never had it on a ship.  The few times I’ve had a soda onboard, I’ve just paid right then and there and received a can. 

I guess at $9/day, it’s not a big risk…I like the drinks from freestyle machines at restaurants. 

40 minutes ago, teddy said:

…I like the drinks from freestyle machines at restaurants. 

I do too… but the soda from the freestyle machines on Royal ships tastes nothing like them.

I’m guessing they’re sourcing their syrups from elsewhere.  Might also be an issue with the carbonation.

On 10/30/2021 at 6:37 AM, Pooch said:

Fountain soda always seems flat to me no matter where I get it.

I actually believe this isn't just you. It's a real thing because the force which it has to come out agitates the bubbles more a la shaking a bottle. so it will actually be less fizzy than a can or bottle which isn't as shaken around.

On 11/1/2021 at 3:34 PM, CrimsonCruiser said:

I actually believe this isn't just you. It's a real thing because the force which it has to come out agitates the bubbles more a la shaking a bottle. so it will actually be less fizzy than a can or bottle which isn't as shaken around.

Might be why I prefer it then -- I don't care to drink soda from a bottle or can directly (with or without a straw) as it always seems "over-fizzy" to me, but prefer to pour it over ice, to reduce the bubbles.  To each his own, I guess

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2021 at 10:59 AM, CrimsonCruiser said:

I've never tried getting a can (honestly didn't even know they HAD cans on board) but I can get coke or sprite in a glass at any bar. They just check my card to make sure I have a package that covers that.

When I was on Odyssey, the waitstaff in Playmakers brought me cans of soda and a glass.  probably 2-3 at a sitting.  maybe more if I was watching a whole game 🙂